PDA

View Full Version : What if I told you that

ki4jgt
September 5th, 2010, 02:31 AM
The Internet could be rewritten:

- Every user could potentially get a 54MB/s connection
- Every Server (Website) could have 54MB/s connection to everyone using it!
- Every server (Website) cold have the ability to experience 100% uptime
- All communications could be completely confidential between the two individuals talking and no one else.
- All using the current set of protocols we are currently using (TCP/IP)
- No one could monitor your communications
- HTML could be made simpler and still maintain it's (complete) functionality
- The Internet could be FREE (No Price)
- While maintaining proper authentication protocols (people would still be able to be traced for illegal stuff)
- The only hardware required would be a MODERN computer (Windows Vista/7, Linix, Apple)

And we currently have the technology!

Sorry guys didn't know where else to put it! I want your guys input still though

jpeddicord
September 5th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Sorry guys didn't know where else to put it! I want your guys input still though

Cafe would work. ;)

ki4jgt
September 5th, 2010, 02:49 AM
How you move it?

jpeddicord
September 5th, 2010, 02:54 AM
How you move it?

Already did. :KS

ki4jgt
September 5th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Thanks

foxxxy
September 5th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Install Gentoo, your Intarnetz will be like that.

chris200x9
September 5th, 2010, 02:59 AM
you sound like an infomercial

ki4jgt
September 5th, 2010, 03:04 AM
I doubt it and that was my intention chris

Sporkman
September 5th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I have questions about the internet:

- How big is the internet?
- How much does the internet weigh?
- Can I hug the internet?
- What does the internet taste like - is it nutritious?
- Can I go to the internet? Can I fit inside it?
- Can the internet be seen from space?
- What color is the internet?
- Can the internet feel love?

These are important questions.

Austin25
September 5th, 2010, 03:59 AM

Either facepalm, or genius. Can't decide.

Legendary_Bibo
September 5th, 2010, 04:09 AM

-5.4 PB
-12,000,000 Biscuits
-Yes, and no. The internet is like that girl you were good friends with in high school who had an aneurysm if you hugged her.
-A combination of banana peels, and petroleum jelly.
-If it decides to take the form of a Kangaroo.
-Yes, but only when it's sitting down.
-It is byzantium color
-What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me...no more......

Dustin2128
September 5th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I'd say you're thinking too small! I must have the precious gigabit connection!

mr clark25
September 5th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I'd say you're thinking too small! I must have the precious gigabit connection!

i wish i could have that...

gotta like torrents ;)

Dustin2128
September 5th, 2010, 05:35 AM
i wish i could have that...

gotta like torrents ;)
imagine, 4GB slack iso in 4 seconds. DDO high res in 7...
=P~

linux18
September 5th, 2010, 06:32 AM
imagine, 4GB slack iso in 4 seconds. DDO high res in 7...
=P~
thats one of my recurring dreams: a gigabit ethernet connection, <1 ms ping, no bottlenecks, and every server can support my connection speed

ki4jgt
September 5th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I'm wondering why, based on some research I've done, it isn't a reality. When I say "We have the technology" I mean, a monkey with a wrench and a little knowledge of C++ could do it! OK, so now that I've made myself dumber than a monkey, how would I submit a blueprint like this to some company/group of open source developers, I'm just learning C++ today and let's just say, I like Python and BASIC better. I do have blueprints for the program and what it needs to do, The software comes from several other sources and I know how to put it together. The only problem is, no one will be interested util there's a working model. You guys all know how impossible it sounds. It kind of works like torrents, but has a very different system.

ki4jgt
September 5th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Sorry for double posting on you guys, but also the connection isn't limited to exactly 54MB/s, it's actually limited to your connection, but since most people use WLANs these days and all I've seen (I don't get out much) is 54MB/s WLANs I just said that.

JBAlaska
September 5th, 2010, 07:56 AM
My server is 100/100 unlimited...sweet, My wlan is 300Mb/s sweeet, My home connection is 1.5/320...Bummer:-(

bug67
September 5th, 2010, 08:09 AM
"...
- The only hardware required would be a MODERN computer (Windows Vista/7, Linix, Apple)..."

Linux ;)

AllRadioisDead
September 5th, 2010, 08:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AFiax.jpg

ki4jgt
September 5th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Any distro someone wanted to build the software on. Windows, Mac, Linux, Sun, As soon as this little monkey builds his source code, it will go into the public domain and become open and probably fall under the GPL

Legendary_Bibo
September 5th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Any distro someone wanted to build the software on. Windows, Mac, Linux, Sun, As soon as this little monkey builds his source code, it will go into the public domain and become open and probably fall under the GPL

*sigh*...you're only learning a few languages. There's actual engineers that have been working for years on this backed by million/billion dollar corporations. You won't be of much use.

ki4jgt
September 5th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Honestly I don't think it will replace the internet, hopefully it will, but hey, and I don't know what their problem is, but I can actually prove mine works btw b/c of several other pieces of software I've seen use the same technology. It's a combination of several different open source software programs. Everyone in those businesses is so focused on changing the protocols that they can't see that the protocols are fine, The software using the protocols is what needs the tweaking.

ki4jgt
September 5th, 2010, 08:29 AM
And when have you ever known paid software to beat open sourced :-) Don't answer that! LOL

Legendary_Bibo
September 5th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Honestly I don't think it will replace the internet, hopefully it will, but hey, and I don't know what their problem is, but I can actually prove mine works btw b/c of several other pieces of software I've seen use the same technology. It's a combination of several different open source software programs. Everyone in those businesses is so focused on changing the protocols that they can't see that the protocols are fine, The software using the protocols is what needs the tweaking.

Yeah in my head I'm flying on a pink elephant. What goes on in your head is much different than what reality is like.

ki4jgt
September 5th, 2010, 09:09 AM
OK, sorry, shouldn't have taken a low blow at the people who have devoted their life's work to making ours easier, but I will write this program, with or without support from you guys, and what's wrong with coming up with something in my head. . . b/c that's where everything starts, in someones head. I'm telling you, it is very possible to do all this and more.

Example: Freenet - Uses some of the technology I'm talking about! Except it's missing a major chunk of it! Freenet has no way of assigning a WWW system, b/c no one stays online 24/7. My system can assign a WWW.

AllRadioisDead
September 5th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah in my head I'm flying on a pink elephant. What goes on in your head is much different than what reality is like.

Purple Bears > Pink Elephants any day, your head is lame.