PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do you create and burn DVDs?

neilms
September 4th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I downloaded a movie in avi format and used a program to convert it to dvd format, then k3b to burn it to a DVD disk. It worked really well.

This was a few weeks ago, i cant remember what programs i used apart from k3b. Now when i try to create a dvd to watch it never seems to work. My DVDs are all rewritable and i have never written over most of them before, so there is no problem with the media.

What method do you use? does it work all the time?:o

rotave
September 5th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Install DeVeDe.

axel206
September 5th, 2010, 08:23 AM
How to author a DVD using 2ManDVD in Linux (http://www.my-guides.net/en/content/view/170/26)
How to create a custom DVD using DeVeDe (http://www.my-guides.net/en/content/view/75/26/)

tommcd
September 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM
What method do you use? does it work all the time?:o
Here is another vote for Devede. It is very easy to use and it has always worked very well in my experience. Devede not only creates the DVD files, it will burn the DVD movie files to a DVD disk as well.

neilms
September 5th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Here is another vote for Devede. It is very easy to use and it has always worked very well in my experience. Devede not only creates the DVD files, it will burn the DVD movie files to a DVD disk as well.

this is the first i heard devede burns to dvd also

tommcd
September 6th, 2010, 10:32 PM
this is the first i heard devede burns to dvd also
I thought Devede used to have the ability to burn the movie straight to disc once it was created.
Lately I have been using mencoder and dvdauthor straight from the terminal to make my DVDs. So I have in fact not actually used Devede to make the finished disc in some time. I still faithfully compile and install it on my Slackware system though.
Looking through the options for Devede, I do not currently see the option to burn the movie straight to disc once it has been encoded is encoded and is ready to burn.