PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse CDT Error

HokeyFry
April 7th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I just installed Eclipse and installed the CDT plugin for it. I made a sample program to test if it runs:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main() {
cout << "Test..." << endl;
return 0;
}

I get two errors in the error bar at the bottom:

***No rule to make target 'all'.
***No rule to make target 'clean'.

Anyone know the problem? And to think I was so hyped about finally getting a C++ IDE to work in linux...

tageiru
April 9th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Thats actually errors produces by the make build system, which, if a remember correctly, is used as the build system for CDT.

Perhaps you need to instruct Eclipse to create a Makefile for you, or do it manually.

Corvillus
April 16th, 2006, 05:17 AM
I don't think Eclipse's automatic building features work with CDT. Mine works fine only after turning off Project -> Build automatically. After doing that, then going to project -> build all for each recompile, it worked fine.

unbuntu
April 16th, 2006, 05:40 AM
I don't think Eclipse's automatic building features work with CDT. Mine works fine only after turning off Project -> Build automatically. After doing that, then going to project -> build all for each recompile, it worked fine.
It actually does. (at least for my C projects)

I just installed Eclipse and installed the CDT plugin for it. I made a sample program to test if it runs:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main() {
cout << "Test..." << endl;
return 0;
}

I get two errors in the error bar at the bottom:

***No rule to make target 'all'.
***No rule to make target 'clean'.

Anyone know the problem? And to think I was so hyped about finally getting a C++ IDE to work in linux...
I think what you need is to hand-code a Makefile, and add the targets to Eclipse's build target using the menu. At least that's how I did, and it's not a CDT error.