PDA

View Full Version : firefox updating to namoroka 3.6.10pre

kmsalex
September 3rd, 2010, 06:44 PM
Today i ran a system update, and my Firefox upgraded to namoroka 3.6.10pre. Update manager said nothing about firefox going from a stable to a daily build, I don't think i mind so much, asuming it will go back to stable when it comes out. But why/how did this happen? Anyone else experience this?

kpkeerthi
September 3rd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Do you remember adding mozilla-daily ppa lately?

kmsalex
September 3rd, 2010, 07:16 PM
No but when i looked in the source center of Ubuntu tweak Firefox stable is checked, but i don't even remeber enabling that. But even if that was the case shouldn't the change log in update manager have said going form Firefox 3.6.8 to namoroka 3.6.10 instead of Firefox 3.6.10?

Frogs Hair
September 3rd, 2010, 07:23 PM
I have been using Namoroka since 9.10 and the only way to get that update as far as know is to add the Mozilla daily or one day a month build ppa. Check software sources in the other software tab and see if Mozilla daily is listed .

To get back the normal Firefox release you will have to purge the ppa and reinstall Firefox from the software center. If you are using Ubuntu Tweak make sure you don't enable software sources you don't want .

VastOne
September 3rd, 2010, 08:58 PM
Have you recently installed Ubuntu Tweak?

That may have added it

handy
September 4th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Namoroka is standard fare on Arch... <shrug>

cejack
September 4th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I can't seem to get my new Ubuntu 10.04 upgrade install to update Firefox from 3.5.3 up to any 3.6.X release.

Any ideas what may be holding me back? Tried all the various PPA's in the software sources and no dice.

Synaptic shows Firefox 3.6.10~hg..... is installed.

Frogs Hair
September 4th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I can't seem to get my new Ubuntu 10.04 upgrade install to update Firefox from 3.5.3 up to any 3.6.X release.

Any ideas what may be holding me back? Tried all the various PPA's in the software sources and no dice.

You have the latest release , I think you're confusing .01 with .10 . If you would like to upgrade to 4.x beta there is a ppa for that.

lovinglinux
September 4th, 2010, 10:22 PM

Please provide the output of the following commands and instructions. This will make sure I will have a good understanding of your Firefox and Flash installations, so I don't need to guess what might be happening to your system:

1 - Firefox version and architecture

To find Firefox version and architecture, click "Help >> About Mozilla Firefox" in the menu. The info will be located at the bottom of the info dialog (you need to resize the window to see it):

http://tinyurl.com/26b85o2

3 - System Info

Execute the following commands then copy the generated file, named firefox-report.txt from your Desktop and upload it here or paste the contents.

To execute those commands, select the entire content below, then go to "Applications >> Accessories >> Terminal" and click the terminal with the middle-mouse button.

echo 'Ubuntu Architecture' > ~/Desktop/firefox-report.txt
echo '' >> ~/Desktop/firefox-report.txt
uname -a >> ~/Desktop/firefox-report.txt
echo 'Ubuntu Version' >> ~/Desktop/firefox-report.txt
cat /etc/lsb-release >> ~/Desktop/firefox-report.txt
echo 'Firefox Packages' >> ~/Desktop/firefox-report.txt
dpkg --get-selections | grep 'firefox*' >> ~/Desktop/firefox-report.txt