PDA

View Full Version : Does Canonical have any Internship Opportunities?

oxsyn
September 3rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure where/how to post this. I'm curious if canonical has any internships available? I did check their employment page, I see none list there.

I'm currently a network security engineer, about to graduate with a BS in Computer Science, I love C/C++/Python and use Ubuntu Linux as my primary operating system.

I support GNU/FOSS 100% and would like to become involved professionally with a company that supports these ideologies if possible.

I don't have any professional experience with software development (my professional experience deals with switching/routing/firewalls/security), but I spend nearly all my free time learning about the Linux Kernel and s, writing C/C++/Python code (lots of networking code) and studying ASM/reversing.

I don't think I qualify for any of the positions listed on the website, since I would categorize myself as entry level (as far as software engineering is concerned).

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

koenn
September 3rd, 2010, 08:09 PM
why don't you just ask them ?

Ctrl-Alt-F1
September 3rd, 2010, 08:16 PM
I would also check with Red-Hat. I've heard they are great to work for. Also, I know that Novell (Suse) hires interns but I don't know if they do for their distro specifically.

lovinglinux
September 3rd, 2010, 08:32 PM
I would also check with Red-Hat. I've heard they are great to work for. Also, I know that Novell (Suse) hires interns but I don't know if they do for their distro specifically.

I would also check Mozilla. Is not OS related, but they have internship programs and they develop some really cool stuff.