PDA

View Full Version : Have trouble,,,could it be the ntfs partition?

savyboy24
September 3rd, 2010, 01:46 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been running and using Win 7 with ubuntu Karmic Koala since about Jan 10' on my 64 bit Hp DV7. I am a heavy user and have installed and deleted many programs in Windows 7. This was an upgrade from Vista on my HP machine.

It has been some time since I cleaned, error checked and defragged Win 7. Before when I tried to defrag win 7 would do it. I was in assumption that this was because of Ubuuntu. I recently tried to do a error check on Win 7 but it would not let me due to "recently installed software". I deleted and then restoed with still the same error. I did get the error check to run in safe mode (still working on how to find and read that report). I get no viruses with scans from malaware bytes or my avg.

I realize this may not be an Ubuntu issue but thought maybe because of the partition Windows gets confused.

Has any one else experienced this?

Does anyone know of ANY programs that might interfere with the error check? or that are known for causing this problem?

I do not want to have to delete all the programs till I find the one that is the problem. If it is even a program install problem.

I restored the computer to before I installed most programs and have deleted may other. I am still very lost. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

savyboy24
September 4th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Bump

savyboy24
September 6th, 2010, 07:08 AM
bump