PDA

View Full Version : [other] Router Issues: no connection after modifing port forwarding settings

venator260
September 3rd, 2010, 04:43 AM
First, what I have: Belkin G Wireless Router Model F5D7234-4

What I did:

To attempt to get Subsonic working, I changed the port forwarding settings (Belkin calls it Virtual Servers) to forward port 4040 to my desktop computer. I then saved changes, and my wireless disconnected. I waited about 3 minutes, and nothing was happening, so I restarted my router.

This left me in the position that I am in now. Even when the router and modem are fully booted, the router does not broadcast my SSID. In addition, a wired connection will not connect to the network through the router. This leaves me completely unable to use wireless, and unable to change any settings in the router.

Any ideas?

venator260
September 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
bump for greater exposure.

pricetech
September 3rd, 2010, 09:22 PM
Look for a hardware reset button. You'll have to start from scratch again, but at least it should get you connected.

Better yet, get a better router. I've had the displeasure of dealing with a belkin or two and found them to be nothing but paperweights.

Netgear, Linksys, TrendNet.

venator260
September 4th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Not sure why I didn't think of the hardware reset... thanks.

I've set up 3 of the same model and all have been working fine for awhile with no problems. And they're rather cheap. I'd like to upgrade to FIOS and a better router that supports wireless N, but can't at the moment.