PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of Unity

dsmithnc
September 2nd, 2010, 09:43 PM
Decided to try Unity on a 10.10 alpha. Installed used the ppa on a 32 bit system. Screen shows nicely on boot up but any attempt to use an icon yields a momentary white screen and nothing seems to work.

Is there a way to uninstall in using the shell prompt form a live CD?

Or should I just bite the bullet and reinstall?

KdotJ
September 2nd, 2010, 10:59 PM
Decided to try Unity on a 10.10 alpha. Installed used the ppa on a 32 bit system. Screen shows nicely on boot up but any attempt to use an icon yields a momentary white screen and nothing seems to work.

Is there a way to uninstall in using the shell prompt form a live CD?

Or should I just bite the bullet and reinstall?

People will probably show you a way...

However, my personal opinion I'd go with a reinstall. Everything will be fresh, no worries about broken packages, missing dependencies, blah blah blah... Unity is not completely perfect yet, especially with my experience with my netbook.

dsmithnc
September 3rd, 2010, 01:03 AM
People will probably show you a way...

However, my personal opinion I'd go with a reinstall. Everything will be fresh, no worries about broken packages, missing dependencies, blah blah blah... Unity is not completely perfect yet, especially with my experience with my netbook.

Thanks, I kind of figured that would be the best way to go. And I'm not using it for anything other than trying it out anyway.