PDA

View Full Version : What other jobs then riding in an Ambulance can a Paramedic do?

waloshin
September 2nd, 2010, 09:15 PM
What other jobs then riding in an Ambulance can a Paramedic do?

In Canada, and United States

whiskeylover
September 2nd, 2010, 09:18 PM
Chew gum? Juggle? I don't know. I guess if he did something else, he'd be someone else, not a paramedic anymore? :|

Random_Dude
September 2nd, 2010, 09:27 PM
Riding an ambulance isn't awesome enough?

lisati
September 2nd, 2010, 09:30 PM
There's always volunteer work as a first-aider at your local sports ground.

Even if you end up doing something that's not directly related to medicine, the problem-solving skills you learned trying to figure out what's wrong with someone who's not able to tell you where it hurts might be of some value.

earthpigg
September 2nd, 2010, 09:30 PM
Work as a medic for a company that fills contracts in dangerous areas, typically outside the First World.

whiskeylover
September 2nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Work as a medic for a company that fills contracts in dangerous areas, typically outside the First World.

You mean like Russia?

samalex
September 2nd, 2010, 09:42 PM
In my area most paramedics are also involved in their local volunteer fire department since there's always a need for volunteers with medical training.

oldsoundguy
September 2nd, 2010, 09:45 PM
Disparaging paramedics SUX BIG TIME.

They saved my life.

earthpigg
September 2nd, 2010, 11:37 PM
You mean like Russia?

i was thinking sub-saharan africa, backwoods of pakistan, etc.

places that corporations want to build stuff that don't have a reliable local ambulance service, and where some of the workers will be from First World nations.

The nationality of the workers matter because there is no economic incentive to provide local laborers with medical care greater than what is normally available to them, to the extent allowed by local laws.