PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Annoying background noise

Stoneface
September 2nd, 2010, 02:10 PM
I just created my second screen recording using RecordMyDesktop on Lucid Lynx. Somehow every recording I make starts of with strange background noise for about three seconds that disappears. As it is very annoying I need to remove it from the .ogv or same file converted to mp4 using ffmpeg. How can I adjust the sound in my video? Pitivi seems to only allow you to cut movies and separate clips, but I do not see how I can edit audio. Audacity will not open a .ogv and Avidemux warns:
If the file is using B-frames as reference it can lead to a crash or stuttering.
Avidemux can use another mode which is safe but YOU WILL LOSE FRAME ACCURACY.
Do you want to use that mode?. When I say yes I seem an odd green screen. When I want to open the mp4 in Avidemux it won't open the .ogv...

Stoneface
September 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Added the Cinelerra deb and opened .mp4 in it and selected denoise. Nothing seemed to happened. Any program I can use to select a period in my screen recording and click denoise or remove background noise?

Stoneface
September 3rd, 2010, 06:31 AM
Just figured out it is NOT a background noise issue, but my voice getting malformed for a few seconds before turning normal. This only happens with RecordMyDesktop in in VMWare Fusion using Lucid Lynx.