PDA

View Full Version : microsoft bug report fail !

kmsalex
September 2nd, 2010, 04:03 AM
well, i've seen some pretty epic fails. by Microsoft, apple, even a few on Linux (most of them were the users fault), but this one for me just seams to, Take, The, Cake. so i'm in my vm of xp to test out a possible bug in chrome and i wanted to see if it was present on the windows version. It wasn't and i was about to shut it down when i saw the itunes icon on my desktop and wanted to update it and see if this version would work. I luanch it and after a few seconds i get the standerd, were sorry for the crash blah blah blah would you like to send a dummy report to make your self fell better about the hole thing? Being my self of course i sent the report and it hung on the second check mark after a while i get A SECOND error report. the program that was sending the error report about itunes crashing CRASHED! And i get what you see in the picture below. of all the fails I've seen from Microsoft ,well this one just takes it.

TheWeakSleep
September 2nd, 2010, 04:05 AM
It seems more likely to me that the fail was the virtual machines and not microsoft's

edit: I forgot to mention, things like this ALWAYS make me smile :D

I didnt mean to come off like i didnt appreciate the humour :p

pwnst*r
September 2nd, 2010, 04:24 AM
"microsoft bug report fail !"

More like thread fail.

Legendary_Bibo
September 2nd, 2010, 08:10 AM
I actually always liked it when xp did the weird dragging thing. I would try to make the windows look like solid 3d objects.

murderslastcrow
September 2nd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Ubuntu can have tiny artifacts left behind if you have compositing off. But while I try my best to be open and courteous, there is no doubting that Windows fails are among the most epic fails available with modern technology. You know, outside of massive laser fails.

kamaboko
September 2nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
"microsoft bug report fail !"

more like thread fail.

+1

donkyhotay
September 2nd, 2010, 07:13 PM
Thats understandable on a VM, most of the time the windows self-diags fails it's because of HW problems and a VM often counts as faulty "hardware" by windows standards. Of course when you have it installed natively, there is no problem with the hardware and it still happens thats an epic fail. Especially when there is nothing physically wrong and it works again after reformatting.

andrek
September 2nd, 2010, 07:23 PM
I actually always liked it when xp did the weird dragging thing. I would try to make the windows look like solid 3d objects.

+1 I always considered it as a cool feature rather than a bug.

/jk