PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Image viewer opened from nautilus doesn't change the active window

yoel.koenka
September 1st, 2010, 02:18 PM
Hi all,
There's something very annoying about how Nautilus opens "image viewer" windows.
They open, I can see them, but when I press the keyboard, it's still Nautilus which gets the commands.
This is because Nautilus stays the active window!

Most annoyingly, when I want to have a quick look at an image, and then close it, Nautilus closes instead (Alt+F4).

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
How to solve it?

Thanks a lot and good day,
Yoel

gadelat
January 23rd, 2011, 11:09 PM
i've same problem

Krytarik
January 24th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Check the "Focus Prevention Level" in "System -> Preferences -> CompizConfig Settings Manager -> General Options -> Focus & Raise Behaviour". I have it at "Low", which is also the default, any higher value prevents the opened image window from taking focus. Didn't know that option until now either.

yoel.koenka
January 24th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks a lot!
Can you please tell me how to do that from the command line?
I don't have that menu item.

Krytarik
January 24th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Then just install CCSM:

sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

Humphreybas
February 1st, 2012, 04:05 PM
Mine was at the default, low like you said, but to get Image Viewer to focus I had to turn it off completely. I am not sure what impact that will have on other things yet. But it is quite undesirable that this isn't working out of the box.

cmavr8
February 19th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Mine was at the default, low like you said, but to get Image Viewer to focus I had to turn it off completely. I am not sure what impact that will have on other things yet. But it is quite undesirable that this isn't working out of the box.

Any side-effects noted?

Humphreybas
February 20th, 2012, 09:45 AM
No none, upon your question I googled briefly and the side effects I should have noticed where windows popping up in front of my active window (for example Update Manager I can imagine). But even update manager stays nicely under my firefox for example. And besides update manager I can't imagine any windows just popping up (maybe different without adblock plus).