PDA

View Full Version : any one used paypal debit card?

markp1989
September 1st, 2010, 10:47 AM
I was thinking of getting a paypal debit card, but i cannot figure out how to apply, I read the page about the paypal debit card on their site, and when i clicked apply it just sent me to the paypal home page again.

I only want a paypal debit card for one reason, and that is to pay postage of items i sell on ebay, im out of work , and have been selling alot of stuff recently, and i dont always have enough in my bank account to cover postage of multiple items, and I hate having to post items late because it takes paypal up to 5 days to transfer money from paypal to the bankk.

Has any one on here used a paypal debit card, what did you think of it, and how can i apply for one in the uk?

thanks, mark

WalmartSniperLX
September 1st, 2010, 11:29 AM
I have one and have used it many times. I'm even on my 2nd one after my renewal. I honestly do not remember what I did exactly to get mine. I know you need a business "premium" account. But, I'm sure I just clicked an option in my account to order one.

ronnielsen1
September 1st, 2010, 12:19 PM
I don't believe paypal sends cards out anymore. You have to link a credit card or bank account to it. The credit card method should be WAAAY faster than the bank account card. (I use a prepaid credit card for this purpose and link it to my paypal.) It works great. They seem to allow you to accept credit cards also but I haven't tried this yet. I used to sell a lot on ebay and just recently started tinkering around with it again. The link here (https://personal.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_us/Sign_Up_for_PayPal&nav=1.0.1) should get you started. Create a paypal account and it should walk you through it.

markp1989
September 2nd, 2010, 06:55 PM
That might be why i was having problems with applying for it, currently i have a personal account, just this weekend i done a sort out and sold 50 od items, and i had to wait 4 days for the paypal transfer to my bank account before i could afford to post them, having a card that could access paypal ballance would of made life alot easier,

pwnst*r
September 3rd, 2010, 12:51 AM
I heard on Security Now that they indeed stopped sending out cards.