PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HP dv7 3090er installation fails

sinus0
September 1st, 2010, 12:09 AM
6 month ago I was lucky to get Ubuntu 9.10 installed on my brand new HP dv7 3090er. Well it took several tries and required to play with kernel options but it got installed and was working quite ok (with a number of tweaks to get sound and sensors work).
Now I got a kingston SSD that I have installed as a second drive in my laptop. Idea is to have a brand new installation of 10.04 on it and eventually migrate to it using HDD as a storage for actively changing files only.

Seems like my Ubuntu luck is over :(. No matter what I do - my Ubuntu install fails - it freezes detecting hardware at installation kernel start. I have tried it with alternate install CD and got much more luck - I was able to start the installation from a 3rd! try and it went OK. First boot of the new OS was awesome - smooth and fast (260MBps SSD ;) ), but any other attempts to boot into that OS are hitting the same wall as failed installation attempts.

Not sure what information I could provide to assist solving my problem, It's all about 32bit. Please advice.