PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Menu in Docky?

Cam!
August 31st, 2010, 04:01 PM
Is there an extension for Docky that lets you use the Gnome Menu through there? I have no need for the top panel except for (obviously) Gnome Menu.

M93
August 31st, 2010, 04:15 PM
i use 'gnome do' instead of searching for what u need in the menu
in gnome do u hit (super+space) (u can change that) and type two or three letters of what u want (these letters doesnt have to be in order..eg. i write USC to open ubuntu softw...) its very practical

conundrumx
August 31st, 2010, 04:56 PM
I find GNOME Do preferable over menus as well (Docky started off as a feature of Do because Jason had too much free time, or something :rolleyes:, it was later split off), All the available docklets and helpers for Docky are shown in the menus, there aren't any others that I know of.

If you want to get involved in development (or just help test and eventually ingratiate yourself enough for feature requests) this page (http://wiki.go-docky.com/index.php?title=Welcome_to_the_Docky_wiki) should help.

Frogs Hair
August 31st, 2010, 05:40 PM
Take a look here. http://www.webupd8.org/2010/07/gnomenu-29-released-with-docky-support.html

Simian Man
August 31st, 2010, 05:45 PM
This is one thing (of many) that Awn has over Docky. It also has a notification area.

Cam!
August 31st, 2010, 07:59 PM
Take a look here. http://www.webupd8.org/2010/07/gnomenu-29-released-with-docky-support.html

The icon loads and shows up, but when I press it, nothing happens on the Dock.

Frogs Hair
August 31st, 2010, 09:47 PM
The icon loads and shows up, but when I press it, nothing happens on the Dock.

You must restart Docky .

mamamia88
August 31st, 2010, 09:57 PM
I just have my most used applications in the dock and use win + space to search for rare ones.

Cam!
August 31st, 2010, 11:43 PM
You must restart Docky .

I did. I keep restarting it, and it only just bounces up and down on the dock.

treesurf
September 1st, 2010, 12:23 AM
This is one thing (of many) that Awn has over Docky. It also has a notification area.

Does the notification area in Awn display the Network Manager applet?

Frogs Hair
September 1st, 2010, 12:43 AM
I did. I keep restarting it, and it only just bounces up and down on the dock.

Did you turn Docky off and restart it ? , I'm not sure mean , it says on the web page to do a complete restart or the menu will not work . If you have Docky set to start up automatically remove it from you start up programs restart the computer and start up Docky again.

koleoptero
September 1st, 2010, 01:21 AM
Does the notification area in Awn display the Network Manager applet?

Yes it does. It also has an indicator applet that shows all the indicators like in the panel, with options (like rows, icon mode, etc)

M93
September 1st, 2010, 01:24 AM
i installed it and did everything but the gnomenu didnt appear in the helpers at all

treesurf
September 1st, 2010, 03:35 AM
Yes it does. It also has an indicator applet that shows all the indicators like in the panel, with options (like rows, icon mode, etc)\

Thanks, that's sweet. No more panels!