PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD now supports Apple Mac

Sporkman
August 31st, 2010, 01:36 PM
Autodesk announced Monday that its AutoCAD software used by professionals to design everything from skyscrapers to pocket knives is reuniting with the Macintosh computer platform.

A version of AutoCAD has been tailored for Macintosh computers, and applications for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices will let people collaborate on designs using those popular Apple mobile devices.

"Apple is thrilled that Autodesk is bringing AutoCAD back to the Mac and we think it's the perfect combination for millions of design and engineering professionals," said Apple senior vice president of worldwide product marketing Philip Schiller...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100831/tc_afp/usitinternetarchitecturesoftwareappleautodesk

pookiebear
August 31st, 2010, 04:42 PM
very cool. Seems some software makers are getting the Microsoft reigns off their backs some.

I wonder if Apple paid them, or Microsoft stopped paying them, or neither.

Sporkman
August 31st, 2010, 04:50 PM
It AutoCAD started supporting Linux, that would be huge...

lz1dsb
August 31st, 2010, 04:53 PM
It AutoCAD started supporting Linux, that would be huge...
I agree with you. It's interesting the way you said it "that would be huge..." I believe that's one of Steve Job's favorite phrases...

Sporkman
August 31st, 2010, 05:08 PM
It's interesting the way you said it "that would be huge..." I believe that's one of Steve Job's favorite phrases...

Well then he stole it from me!

I'm calling my lawyer... He's diluting my brand and causing confusion.

Grenage
August 31st, 2010, 05:11 PM
Good to see things becoming cross platform.

juancarlospaco
August 31st, 2010, 07:33 PM
Autocad on iPod touch ...?
LOOOOOL!!!