PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 10.04 to 10.10

Jonny87
August 31st, 2010, 02:54 AM
I'm thinking about chnging my laptop from 10.04 to 10.10 so that I can help out with the testing and submit any bugs that I across. If posible I'd rather run the upgdrade to do so, is this possible with the current test verision and if so what would I have to change the repositories to?

wojox
August 31st, 2010, 03:02 AM
Make sure your fully updated in Lucid. Then Alt+F2 and enter update-manager -d

Then follow along in this thread Maverick Meerkat Testing and Discussion (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=385)

marl30
August 31st, 2010, 03:03 AM
In Ubuntu Control Center (which you'll need to install if you don't off course) there's a link at the bottom that let's you upgrade to the latest release. That is if you'd like to go that root.

wojox
August 31st, 2010, 03:10 AM
In Ubuntu Control Center (which you'll need to install if you don't off course) there's a link at the bottom that let's you upgrade to the latest release. That is if you'd like to go that root.

Ubuntu Control Center is already installed, it just hidden and needs to be turn of in the Main Menu.

there's a link at the bottom

Are you sure. I use the control center and have never seen that link. What group is it in.

Jonny87
August 31st, 2010, 03:19 AM
Ok thanks checking it out now.

Also just incase I find that its more trouble than its worth or that I don't have the time to be touble shooting with it, is there an easy way to roll it back with out having to loosing all my programs and settings or do I have to just do a clean install?

Jonny87
August 31st, 2010, 03:21 AM
Ubuntu Control Center is already installed, it just hidden and needs to be turn of in the Main Menu.

Are you sure. I use the control center and have never seen that link. What group is it in.

Ditto that, doesn't ring a bell to me and I just checked, no sign of it from what I saw.

wojox
August 31st, 2010, 03:37 AM
Ok thanks checking it out now.

Also just incase I find that its more trouble than its worth or that I don't have the time to be touble shooting with it, is there an easy way to roll it back with out having to loosing all my programs and settings or do I have to just do a clean install?

You could dual boot. Once you upgrade there is no rolling back that I know of. Yeah definitely dual boot so you always have a working system.

Jonny87
August 31st, 2010, 03:52 AM
You could dual boot. Once you upgrade there is no rolling back that I know of. Yeah definitely dual boot so you always have a working system.

I'm not too worried, I'v got my desk top that I'll probably keep on 10.04 until the next LTS unless I see something particually attractive in future releases. So as long as I have a working system on my desktop, I'm not to worried, plus if i need to I'll just run a clean install.

wojox
August 31st, 2010, 03:56 AM
Oh, okay then yeah upgrade your laptop (saving everything important) and go for it. As long as you always have a working system somewhere near by.