PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Visual Effects don't retain.

svenkatesan
August 30th, 2010, 05:54 PM
My Acer laptop Travelmate 290 was fine till yesterday (ie) before full update.No Error.I have the recent Ubuntu.
Later When I boot I can't find my cursor but I could randomly see pop up notification of Application----Places--- System could be read.When I open any folder its fixed to top of the screen and no button for minimise,max and close.When I dig thro all the forums and solved by reinstalling metacity and change the setting of Appearance-Visual Effects to Normal.When I set to Normal it scans for the driver and asking me to confirm the setting.Once confirmed all the above problems solved but it don't reatain it,it is jump back to none.
I need to do this on every boot.Is any way to avoid this?
Is anyway to clean all the compiz files and setting from the PC?I vaguely remember it may be because of uninstall of compiz.
Thanks in advance.

nsalgado
October 13th, 2010, 12:11 AM
I have an acer TravelMate 291LMi (ubuntu 10.10) with the same problem!

gbestrada
October 13th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Is anyway to clean all the compiz files and setting from the PC?I vaguely remember it may be because of uninstall of compiz.
Thanks in advance.

have you tried through system ->administrator ->synaptic manager.

On it , just type compiz .Then right click on everything you have installed and choose
mark for complete removal , once you've selected all, apply the changes and reboot.

that worked for me long time ago. HOPE IT HELPS:P