PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Slideshow and or screen saver for a simple GUi person

cpcpcp
August 30th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I have played with Imagination and Open movie editor and cannot figure out pqiv (which seems to be command line only?) Screen saver first: Standard screen saver will operate on pictures in Pictures folder is there any easy way to make it operate on a different folder (by clicking a button would be nice <g>)
Slideshow : I can make a DVD with say Imagination which is OK but being simple I would like to have a slide show (not full screen) tucked away which whilst running other things that simply pulls in pictures from a directory and displays them a slideshow. Any one come across an app that does this?

If you reply bear in mind I am new to this and most things I touch turn to worms <g>

Chris

cpcpcp
August 30th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Answering myself:o

feh nearly does what I want using this command

feh -zsZFD 5 /media/CEFCFDFBFCFDDDA1/PHOTOGRAPHS/Rashidat

Two questions then
What are the commands to make it to make all the image say 400 x500 and in the bottom left of the screen
( I could not see them glancing through man)

Is it possible make a panel button to run it and if so how?

Yes I know it is not GUI but I had to try something!

cpcpcp
August 30th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Answering myself:o

feh nearly does what I want using this command

feh -zsZFD 5 /media/CEFCFDFBFCFDDDA1/PHOTOGRAPHS/Rashidat

Two questions then
What are the commands to make it to make all the image say 400 x500 and in the bottom left of the screen
( I could not see them glancing through man)

Is it possible make a panel button to run it and if so how?

Yes I know it is not GUI but I had to try something!

Answering myself Again:o

Well I have found out how to and have made a launcher button for myself - more by luck than anything.
And I have done something about the size the command now reads
feh -zsdD 5 --geometry 500x400 /media/CEFCFDFBFCFDDDA1/PHOTOGRAPHS/Rashidat

So if you could help with the either the location part of feh or
with the screen saver question that would be great