PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install ubunto 10.04.1 LTS

jcleiva
August 30th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Hi all

I have a desktop HP , it had ubuntu 8.04 (hardy) working properly for almost two years
Then I decided to try the new 10.04.1 TLS.
I backed up all my data, downloaded 10.04.1 , burnt it , tried it then installed it.
The installation process went smooth, then after the first restart it just died, nothing comes up on the screen, the screen goes black.

I went several times through the same process, not luck though.

Any help it is really appreciated....

Thanks a lot

dtoronto
August 30th, 2010, 05:17 AM
I seem to remember having this same problem myself, I think I just reinstalled Ubuntu and it worked the second time.

jcleiva
August 30th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I have reinstalled it a couple of times , not luck

However when I tried ubuntu without installing it , everything seems to be working properly.

Also I have tried holding the shift key while is rebooting to get the boot menu, chose the recovery mode boot, same results, I guess I should go back to hardy 8.04....

jcleiva
August 31st, 2010, 05:09 PM
I have reinstalled it a couple of times , not luck

However when I tried ubuntu without installing it , everything seems to be working properly.

Also I have tried holding the shift key while is rebooting to get the boot menu, chose the recovery mode boot, same results, I guess I should go back to hardy 8.04....
it is fixed now...Well not really I decide to go with open suse 11.2, and it worked like a charm
I regret it did not work with ubuntu.I really like it, since ubuntu 8.04 was working for me for at least 2 years....I will give it a try later on.

Rubi1200
August 31st, 2010, 05:16 PM
What graphics card do you have installed?

This may have been something for which there is a solution!

jcleiva
August 31st, 2010, 09:21 PM
Hi Thanks for you reply
Graphics cards is nvidia

Thanks