PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Missing Desktop Panel

goldomcsas
August 29th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Hey all, I'm a total noob with an easy question; but I'm so much of a noob I don't know the proper terminology for what I'm asking so please bear with me.

My problem is that the section of my tool-bar that holds mini-program icons when a program is running in the background has disappeared and I don't know how to access certain functions.

For example, Desktop-Drapes, a program I run that randomly changes my desktop. When the program loads it used to add an icon next to my clock that let me know it was running and if I wanted to quickly change desktop all I had to do was left click on the icon...but the icon is gone...
or
Transmission bittorrent client, when you close the program it keeps running and hides itself in the background with an icon next to my clock that you can click on to quickly open the window again...but the icon is gone and I have to go into the "Applications" drop-down and re-open the program to open the window, even though the program is still running in the background...

Can any one suggest how I get that panel on my tool bar back?

arrange
August 29th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Right click on the panel, choose Add to panel, and then pick Indicator Applet.

nick_goodfate
August 29th, 2010, 07:49 PM
You deleted indicator applet. "Right click on panel->add to panel" and add it to your panel.

goldomcsas
August 29th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Thank you SO much, I knew it was something easy like that; I just didn't know the name of what I deleted. Again, Thank you!!!