PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] openjdk-6-jdk not installing

VideoAddicted
August 29th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Recently i upgraded to Lucid and upon finishing was informed that I had been unable to install a number of packages. Following this, I ran a partial upgrade as per the system's recommendation and was able to fix all but three failed installs. I included txt files which i copied the error messages into (if i managed to work the upload feature correctly). The three files in question are; ant-optional-gcj , openjdk-6-jdk, and '/var/cache/apt/archives/ant-optional-gcj_1.7.1-4ubuntu1_i386.deb'

I have been unable to find any information about this on the web and since the upgrade, firefox and flash have been spontaneously crashing and any java that I've programmed in Eclipse hasn't been able to run and I have a feeling that it's because of the missing jdk package.

I'd appreciate any help on this matter and if you need any information or want any outputs just ask or give the code to run and I'd be happy to oblige b/c this has made using my computer a chore of sorts.

GregBrannon
August 29th, 2010, 06:17 AM
I don't see your text files.

VideoAddicted
August 29th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I will copy and paste them then

Error #1
<title>Could not install '/var/cache/apt/archives/ant-optional-gcj_1.7.1-4ubuntu1_i386.deb'

<message>the upgrade will continue but the '/var/cache/apt/archives/ant-optional-gcj_1.7.1-4ubuntu1_i386.deb' package may not be in a working state. Please consider submitting a bug report about it.

<info>corrupted filesystem tarfile - corrupted package archive

Error #2
<title>Could not install 'openjdk-6-jdk'

<message>The upgrade will continue but the 'openjdk-6-jdk' package may not be in a working state. Please consider submitting a bug report about it.

<info>subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2

Error #3
<title>Could not install 'ant-optional-gcj'

<message>The upgrade will continue but the 'ant-optional-gcj' package may not be in a working state. Please consider submitting a bug report about it.

<info>package ant-optional-gcj is already installed and configured

I appreciate any help in advance.