PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

wildman4god
August 29th, 2010, 12:06 AM
I've been away from the forums for awhile mainly because the building I was living in wasn't wired for internet, but I have resolved that issue now and thought I should re-introduce myself.

My screen name is wildman4god, I have been using Linux since 2007 when my computer was a used laptop with no operating system and a friend handed me a Ubuntu live cd and the rest, as they say, is history. I am very impressed with Ubuntu 10.04 and by the looks of 10.10 I have no doubt that by the next LTS release Ubuntu will be hands down the best desktop class operating system out there. I am currently dual booting a very heavily tweaked windows xp and Ubuntu 10.04 netbook edition on an eMachines em250 (which is just a re-branded Acer Aspire one D250). There are pros and cons to both, though app and vendor support is really the only one in windows favor. The dual boot is mainly so I can compare the two to see which one works better, as I'm not so much a fan of Linux, as much as I'm a fan of what ever works, that being said I do want Ubuntu and Linux in general to work. I had some issues with Ubuntu, the main one is it hangs on boot until I edit the boot parameters on startup and deleted quite splash, still working on a better solution to that.

Anywho sorry for running at the mouth, Now that I have my internet problem solved I plan on being much more active in the community as well as posting on my blog. You can see it here: http://techgeneral.wordpress.com

Thank you and good night.

kostkon
August 29th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Welcome back...

Zzl1xndd
August 29th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Welcome back.