PDA

View Full Version : Anime blog

gogadan
August 28th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Hi i jus started blogging about anime and i was just wondering if you can give e some input into how to improve it. the site is http://gogadan-animereview1.blogspot.com/

thanks in advance :)

Bölvağur
August 28th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I will have to give this series a 9/10,very good but the accents let it down.
this should be turned into something like
"Rating : 9/10"
and have it not part of the text but the structure of each post.

Possibly you could also introduce a "similar to : " thing to give people idea how the show is. Like I wouldnt be interested in a show that would be similar to lucky star no matter how high rating it got. And on the reverse I might be interested in shows that are like.... umm... not sure..

The commenting thing is good because it allows you to use many different IDs, but I never want to log in when leaving comments like this, so I didnt.

Zzl1xndd
August 28th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Looks pretty good to me, although I might try to extended the reviews a little bit. As stated comparing it to other shows and perhaps going a bet more in-depth. For example it might be worth noting that the Samurai X OVA's take place before the series and that at that time Kenshin was an Assassin, and when the series starts he is a wonderer that swore to never kill again.

As a side not if it works out you might want to sign up for ad-sense through Google (pretty easy with Blogger) doesn't hurt if your blog makes a few dollars for you.

Frogs Hair
August 29th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Bright & clean :)

Random_Dude
August 29th, 2010, 12:45 AM
10/10 is too much for death note. xD

The reviews could be more extensive. As for design I like it, very clean and simple, no flashing banners or anything.

Keep it up!

Cheers :cool:

Shippou
August 29th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Wait: are you watching dubs or subs?

Because I don't really like dubs. :)

BTW, nice site layout. Simple and clean.

gogadan
August 29th, 2010, 08:18 AM
cheers for your input so far i shall have a play with it later and try to improve it with your input. i shall say when it is changed so if you want to look again after and put more input in that be much apprecated. :)

Legendary_Bibo
August 29th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I was trying to figure out why the site was slow for me, then I found out it was your flash fish at the bottom.

If you like anime, check out Nurse Witch Komugi. I watched the dubbed version on netflix on my xbox when it just showed up out of the blue. It's a very odd cartoon 6 episodes long. I never thought I would see the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower dancing, or being used as laser cannons.

FlameReaper
August 29th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Hrm... Let's see.

1. The banner's design, layout and its composition on your blog's layout could've been a bit better. If you need someone to design a better one, you can ask someone to help ;)

2. I think you can make do with a minimalist background rather than the blurred landscape there. Like a blank patterned background... or possibly total white. So that people can be focused on reading what's your content all about.

3. No problems with pictures of the anime-related stuff (like putting posters up), but being an anime blog it'd help if you have some screenshots as well and make a comment of it in the caption (exercise your best witty lines whenever possible! XD). No need to put so much, just a few will do so that people can get an idea what's up in the series.

4. It'd be best if you don't put the flash fish at the bottom :\ For most readers it is a pain they have to wait your page to load just because of the flash down there...

I guess that's that for now...

... You remind me of the times before I got Ubuntu installed on this computer when I usually post anime-related stuff, ones getting the most hits are my "next season's to-watch list" and my "current season's airing first impressions". Man how I really loved the hits I got back then. Now it's declining because all I'm posting is about my "adventures" and troubles dealing with my Ubuntu problems :P

brandenmikal
August 29th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I like the site. I think adding some clips or perhaps photo galleries could help boost site traffic :)

gogadan
August 29th, 2010, 03:03 PM
got rid of the fish :) . i shall play with the rest of it and add your suggestions as best as i can, although im not all that good with video but shall try my best. as for the heder banner if anyone wants to design a new one and post it i shall not argue hehe.
thank you all again :)

chris200x9
August 29th, 2010, 04:00 PM
review maria holic, poni pani dash, gto, and desert punk as I just bought them :)

gogadan
August 29th, 2010, 04:06 PM
i shall do as soon as i see them.the idea is im going to watch all the anmie on crunchyroll in althabetical order aswell as all the ones i seen so far :)

gogadan
August 29th, 2010, 04:15 PM
i gave adding vidio a go but not much luck. i copyed the embeded code from the video in youtube and pasted it in my blog-way from txt and all it did was post the text. oh well i tryied shall give another bash at some point.

as for the rest of it i have made changes :) hope it looks better to you all :)

brandenmikal
August 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM
got rid of the fish :) . i shall play with the rest of it and add your suggestions as best as i can, although im not all that good with video but shall try my best. as for the heder banner if anyone wants to design a new one and post it i shall not argue hehe.
thank you all again :)

Video can be a hassle at times but you'll figure out a way to do it. You might could try a site called VideoSurf?

www.videosurf.com

They can search every video on the web within all networks (YouTube, MetaCafe, DailyMotion, Hulu) and help you find great videos and embed them to your blog.

Let me know how things go.

Merk42
August 29th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Do some tags for sub-genres

gogadan
August 29th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Video can be a hassle at times but you'll figure out a way to do it. You might could try a site called VideoSurf?

www.videosurf.com

They can search every video on the web within all networks (YouTube, MetaCafe, DailyMotion, Hulu) and help you find great videos and embed them to your blog.

Let me know how things go.

thanks shall give it a go :). thank you very much :)

gogadan
August 29th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Do some tags for sub-genres

in what way do you mean??

gogadan
August 29th, 2010, 11:52 PM
god video sussed and up. :)

Merk42
August 30th, 2010, 12:07 AM
in what way do you mean??
There are sub-genres to anime. You could do major ones like Action, Comedy, Drama, etc or more specific anime ones like Mecha, Magical Girl, Samurai.

That way, once you amass quite a few posts, a viewer can filter by the particular anime they are looking for.

brandenmikal
August 30th, 2010, 02:44 AM
thanks shall give it a go :). thank you very much :)

No problem :) Good luck on your quest!

gogadan
August 30th, 2010, 04:35 PM
No problem :) Good luck on your quest!

thank you hopefully it shall get someone reading it lol :) exp now i have the video working :)

gogadan
February 24th, 2011, 03:48 PM
after much playing i have got it looking more the way i wanted , however if you want to input more ideas to improve it then please do i would love your views.
thanking you all in advance gogadan ^^