PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird ... my email accounts pane is blank .. error message

ceref
August 28th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Hi Thanks for dropping in. All my my accounts have left the accounts pane in TBird. I looked everywhere, I looked at every button and bit, I looked on line, I looked under the bed but nowhere to be seen or found. I looked in the faults alerts and found this which means nothing to me cos I am an ex microbrainsoftdeadhead.

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIJSON.decode]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://messenger/content/folderPane.js :: ftv_load :: line 126" data: no]

The Tbird was from the repository ... I removed TBird in the faint hope that when I re installed from the repository all would OK and I could reinstall my accounts. NO this "new" installation said it is all ready in. Scary because I thought that if it is taken out that's it all gone in Ubuntu.

So I guess I am perplexed and kind of confused as well :confused:

If you can help ... great ... if not then have a ... great life.

Sir Pig
March 3rd, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem and I fixed it by ticking the box "Keep messages for this account on this computer"
You'll find this box to tick in Edit > Account Settings > Synchronization & Storage

Hope this help