PDA

View Full Version : Any good sci-fi series on air?

legolas_w
August 28th, 2010, 03:41 PM
hi,

if you know any good sci-fi tv series on air or finished, please let me know.

thanks.

MooPi
August 28th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Stargate Universe is about to get rolling for the fall season. I really think this is the best of the Stargate series. Doesn't Eureka still have episodes ? It's not to bad either.

sisco311
August 28th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Caprica
Doctor Who
FlashForward
V

And of course:
Star Trek (all), Battlestar Galactica (new), Babilon 5, Firefly, Stargate, Quantum Leap, Sliders, Dune (miniseries)...

legolas_w
August 28th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Caprica
Doctor Who
FlashForward
V

And of course:
Star Trek (all), Battlestar Galactica (new), Babilon 5, Firefly, Stargate, Quantum Leap, Sliders, Dune (miniseries)...

Thank you for the list.

Caprica is due to be back in 4 months.
Doctor Who: Never watched
V: Due to return in few months?
Flashforward: Finished.

Star treks: Voyager, DS9: watched. Enterprise: on the list.
Battlestar Galactica (new): Watched.
Babylon 5: I could not like it.
Firefly: Watched.
Stargate: Watched all of them.
Quantum leap: Never heard of.
Sliders: Never heard of.

lovinglinux
August 28th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Stargate Universe is about to get rolling for the fall season. I really think this is the best of the Stargate series.

I hate the Stargate franchise, but Stargate Universe is quite digestible.

Doesn't Eureka still have episodes ? It's not to bad either.

If you live in US, then yes. The fourth season is currently rolling. Is not my favorite type of Sci-Fi, but is watchable.

Caprica
Doctor Who
FlashForward
V

Caprica and V are in between seasons. I like Caprica, mainly because of BSG, but I wasn't expecting it to be a BSG replacement. V on the other hand was a disappointment. Perhaps I was expecting too much because of the 80's miniseries.

FlashForward was very interesting, but it was cancelled, so it will leave you with a bad taste of a cliffhanger. This could be a great series, but it seems the studios only keep alive series about doctors, nurses, lawyers and corpses.

There is also Fringe, which is in between seasons. It's very good.

I watched DoctorWho only once. I don't get it.

And of course:

The best in my opinion are Battlestar Galactica, Firefly and Farscape.

There is also Dollhouse, which was initially screwed by FOX in the first season, but started to be really good in the second and last season.

lovinglinux
August 28th, 2010, 04:32 PM
BTW, there is also Defying Gravity, which was very enjoyable and had a very interesting plot, but was also cancelled.

qalimas
August 28th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Sanctuary will get to see its third season this Fall. The first 2 are on Netflix. It's a pretty decent show.

Stargate anything FTW, Netflix has most SG1 seasons, all Atlantis, and the first of Universe, along with the movies.

Zzl1xndd
August 28th, 2010, 11:23 PM
+1 for Doctor Who. Its a great series in fact the longest running sci-fi series in history. It Originally ran for 26 seasons from 1963 to 1989 and stated up again in 2005.

I would recommend starting with the 2005 version and then going back and watching 1963 - 1989.

nrs
August 28th, 2010, 11:35 PM
You did not mention Farscape. Though that's been done for a while, it's still a good series.

I need a SciFi fix badly. Stargate Universe is OK, but I need another on par with DS9/BSG/B5 damnit.

Maybe I'll give Caprica another go. Didn't really enthral me the first few episodes, but neither did Mad Men, and the latter is like crack to me now.

Presto123
August 28th, 2010, 11:36 PM
My Personal faves:

1. Fringe
2. Chuck (More espionage than Sci-fi, but has some good sci-fi elements)
3. Stargate Universe
4. Caprica
5. Warehouse 13 (Though a bit goofy, still enjoyable)
6. V (Decent anyway)

Zzl1xndd
August 28th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Also Torchwood has its moments.

gnomeuser
August 29th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Pioneer One

Zzl1xndd
August 29th, 2010, 12:09 AM
If you like a little Comedy/Weird in your Sci-fi also check out

Lexx and Red Dwarf.

lovinglinux