PDA

View Full Version : How does the jail work? Which rule was broken?

yc2
August 28th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I just got a thread jailed (community café). (It considered technical questions how to bypass the Chinese Internet censorship.) No reason apart from telling that the thread was not allowed in the forum was given for removing the thread.

I have two questions please.

1. When I go to the jail, I can only see my own thread. (Even if I set the time-frame to "the last year"). Does this mean that I was the only one to have a thread jailed during such a long time?

2. Are there any rules that govern the forum? Which topics are allowed and which are not. If so, where can I read them and which rule did my thread break?

Thank you.

Nick_Jinn
August 28th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Sounds like a cool topic, but the Ubuntu Forums are not really a place for free and open discussion. They like to keep discussions limited to tech support, even on the off topic boards. I guess your topic was outside of the 'scope' of the forum.

KiwiNZ
August 28th, 2010, 10:58 AM
We do not allow discussion regarding the circumvention of laws. You post was also political in nature which is also not permitted.

http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

yc2
August 28th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Ubuntu very much represents freedom of will, choice and thought. Therefore I was surprised that the thread was not allowed.

KiwiNZ
August 28th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Ubuntu very much represents freedom of will, choice and thought. Therefore I was surprised that the thread was not allowed.

I provided the link to the Forum Code of Conduct. I recommend you read the Code again.

yc2
August 28th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Thank you KiwiNZ. I can maybe understand your interpretation of what is legal and what is not. However, I do not make the same interpretation here.

I also definitely find it absolutely obvious in the present case to let human rights have precedence over the laws of individual countries.

KiwiNZ
August 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM
It is not our place to challenge the Laws in Countries in which our Forum is accessed. We remain neutral .