PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] two times installation errors

ketisfolk
August 27th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I'm now on my second ISO. The first came up with, (initframfs) mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on //filesystem.squashfs failed: input/output error
can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystemashfs.
The second got stumped at the debootstrap loader stage, and thus the base system failed to install (well that's what I can make out). The first was the desktop version from the main ubuntu page, the 2nd was an alternate version called Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS (Lucid Lynx) Daily Build from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lucid/daily/current/, the first one on the page. Have I just been unlucky and should I try to make a 3rd cd? I'm trying to install onto a philips freevents laptop, which is a very odd brand with intel core duo 1GB ram (from what I remember). I seem to have now slightly screwed the laptop, it doesn't find xp anymore, so I've got to get this to work. A relatively step by step guide of help would be great thanks, although I'm fairly IT literate.

ketisfolk
August 27th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I have no idea what has changed but the alternative cd seems to be working now. Fingers crossed. Tried the original one in my pc, and it came up with an error there as well, which suggests it was the cd.