PDA

View Full Version : Docky Pop-Up switching?

Cam!
August 27th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I have a question about Docky. Something I don't like about it is the fact that unlike the Windows 7 dock, if you have multiple windows open with one app, it's hard as hell to bring up a certain window. For example, I use a tech chat website on Google Chrome that has popup windows, and it's near impossible to bring 'em up without minimizing Chrome, and dragging them every which way.

How can I manage multiple windows better?

sxmjohn
August 27th, 2010, 09:31 PM
AWN works grate for me i have been using it for years now without a glitch

Cam!
August 27th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Can AWN perform the task I was inquiring about?

jcd29
August 27th, 2010, 10:23 PM
With AWN you can right click to open any windows you have open, or even just click the Firefox icon for example, and select which window you want to open.

kerry_s
August 27th, 2010, 10:43 PM
just right click the icon in docky.

fabounet
August 30th, 2010, 01:41 PM
try GLX-Dock, it can group windows of a same application inside a sub-dock.

koleoptero
August 30th, 2010, 02:57 PM
If you're using compiz (have the effects thing in appearance enabled) then install simple compizconfig editor by:

sudo apt-get install simple-ccsm

then open it from the system -> preferences menu, go to the edges tab, and set the bottom left or right edge to "Scale: initiate window picker for all windows"

then whenever you want to switch to a window just point your mouse to that corner and see the magic. (as long as it's not minimized, which you'll find you'll have no need to do ever again while using this).