PDA

View Full Version : Other ways of Ubuntu promotion :)

dolny
April 6th, 2006, 09:12 PM
I'm creating my first homepage (I've been making sites for years now but never a CSS valid etc) and decided to customize my 404 error and btw. promote Ubuntu ;)

BTW. Check the 'worse' link :D (LOL)

I know some of you won't click it because will think that's a spam, but hell, your choice.

Link: http://www.seattle-sound.com/trainchaser/404.php :D

briancurtin
April 7th, 2006, 05:51 AM
it took 2 minutes just to load that 404 page

jbmalone
April 7th, 2006, 06:35 AM
You have bad internet then.

ubuntu27
April 7th, 2006, 06:45 AM
I'm creating my first homepage (I've been making sites for years now but never a CSS valid etc) and decided to customize my 404 error and btw. promote Ubuntu ;)

BTW. Check the 'worse' link :D (LOL)

I know some of you won't click it because will think that's a spam, but hell, your choice.

Link: http://www.seattle-sound.com/trainchaser/404.php :D

Ok, I just visited your 404 site :D hahaha.

From that page:

By the way, IE sucks. Use Firefox or Opera.

Hahaha!!

Anyway, here is something I wanted to tell you. Not that important but...

Under "By the way, IE sucks. Use Firefox or Opera."
it says "You should also try Ubuntu :-)" and the word "Ubuntu" has a link to KUBUNTU [kubuntu.org] site instead of Ubuntu [ubuntu.com]. ><;

Fix the link or fix the word :)

That's it.

curuxz
April 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I love your 404 page, that moomin rocks! :D

dolny
April 7th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Yeah. Thanks for the info. I know that there is a Kubuntu instead of Ubuntu link - I placed it there because I forgot the correct link to Ubuntu, gonna fix that soon. :)

I'll post a link to the full page when it's ready - created 100% under Ubuntu. Well, 98% cause I don't know how to do animated gifs under Linux (I saw a Gimp tutorial but still don't know how to do it). Maybe we should make a thread with links to sites created under Linux with info about the apps used?

Anyway, thanks for comments. I personally think that the link to Spiderman vs Cyborg Rock Band is the best - rotfl.