PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] gstreamer0.10-plugins-farsight installation failed problem for pidgin package install

mortasa
August 26th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Hello!

I'm using Ubuntu jaunty and was using old version of pidgin until today. Today I had decided to install newer version of Pidgin 2.7 and uninstalled my old version from system. Because it had so many problem like not login to yahoo account.

I went to Pidgin website and downloaded Debian package for ubuntu. But got an error while installing. Finally I decided to install it from source package and downloaded it to install.

While I try to make configure file by typing
./configure command, it gave me following error:

checking for update_panels in -lpanel... no
checking for LIBXML... yes
checking for gconftool-2... /usr/bin/gconftool-2
Using config source xml:merged:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults for schema installation
Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas as install directory for schema files
checking for GSTREAMER... yes
checking for gst_registry_fork_set_enabled in -lgstreamer-0.10... yes
checking for GSTINTERFACES... yes
checking for FARSIGHT... no
configure: error:
Dependencies for voice/video were not met.
Install the necessary gstreamer and farsight packages first.
Or use --disable-vv if you do not need voice/video support.

So I installed all available gstreamer packages via synaptic package manager. But when I try to install gstreamer0.10-plugins-farsight, I got following error:

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/gstreamer0.10-plugins-farsight_0.12.10-2_i386.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdtmf.so', which is also in package gstreamer0.10-plugins-good

So I can not install Pidgin now. If I have to install it anyway I have to disable video and voice service for Pidgin. But I would like to use Pidgin with video and voice. Anybody can recommend a good solution for me please..

Regards,
Mort.

mortasa
August 28th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Finally Upgraded to Lucid. Nothing more to feel worry now. But still it was a problem for me.

Thanks.
Mort,:popcorn:

limotux
January 14th, 2011, 01:17 PM
BUMP!

I'm on Lucid, trying to install amsn with voice as shown at http://www.amsn-project.net/wiki/Farsight

but still getting
E: Unable to find a source package for gstreamer0.10-plugins-farsight

Any help highly appreciated.

limotux
January 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
well... it's ok... I read somwhere that voice will not work because M$ changed things... so now amsn will not work with voice.