PDA

View Full Version : iTunes To Sell You Your Home Videos For $1.99 Each

Sporkman
August 25th, 2010, 11:53 PM
iTunes To Sell You Your Home Videos For $1.99 Each

April 19, 2006 | ISSUE 42•16

CUPERTINO, CA—Apple Computer, producer of the successful iPod MP3 player, is now offering consumers limited rights to buy their own home movies from the media store iTunes for $1.99 each.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the future of home-video viewing is now," Apple CEO Steve Jobs said at a media event Tuesday morning. "As soon as you record that precious footage of your daughter's first steps, you'll be able to buy it right back from iTunes and download it directly to your computer and video iPod."...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/itunes-to-sell-you-your-home-videos-for-199-each,1941/

Satire.

DeadSuperHero
August 26th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Well, one more shot against my human rights. Thanks a lot, Steve.

Merk42
August 26th, 2010, 02:31 AM
You almost had me until I saw it was an Onion article.Aww you ruined it. I was looking forward to the responses from people that merely read the thread title and not the article nor its source

DeadSuperHero
August 26th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Quick, cover up!

LMP900
August 26th, 2010, 04:14 AM
See, this is exactly what I've been warning everyone about. I'm sick and tired of this Apple-run world of technology we live in today. Everyone should buy an Andr...

....oh. Nevermind.

Dayofswords
August 26th, 2010, 04:19 AM
good thing all my home videos are on out of date, obsolete, propriety, annoyance to convert tape formats!

i can sit back and watch them on the 1.5" screen the camera has:popcorn:

Austin25
August 26th, 2010, 04:42 AM
No more searching through your movies folder for that footage of your 50th wedding anniversary. Now all you need is a 768Kbps broadband connection and your credit card, and every timeless personal memory you've ever shot will be right at your fingertips.
cd ~/Videos ; ls | grep weddingCLI, ftw. :D