PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Logitech USB Headset Very Quiet

seuaniu
August 25th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Hi all! I have a problem with my headset, which is very quiet. Its a Logitech USB headset/mic combo. It appears to be working fine, but I can't get the volume up very far at all. The volume is set to max, and the device is set correctly in the sound prefs and all that, but instead of blasting my ears into oblivion, i get about 15% of the volume I'd be expecting. This is consistent across applications (amarok, rhythymbox, youtube, various games, etc). Any ideas?

10.04 x64
Asus G50 laptop
Logitech usb stereo headphones

rant:

While on the topic of audio, wtf is it with pulseaudio? When it was released, my first thought was 'cool! now there'll be a little volume icon on the titlebar of every window letting you scroll with the mouse to control its volume!' Instead, it seems like a total kludge, or at least doesn't have sane defaults, or maybe I'm and idiot (most likely :) ). Does something like that exist that I haven't seen yet, or is it something nobody thought of? It drives me batsh*t crazy having to futz with the audio settings everytime I plug my headset in, when it seems that the software under the hood ought to be thinking that it just found a headset, maybe that ought to be the default.

/rant :)