PDA

View Full Version : wxPython in linux ???

krypto_wizard
April 6th, 2006, 04:04 PM
I was just searching some good GUI library in python and many people suggested wxPython.

Does wxPython platform dependent or can be used in Ubuntu Linux and Windows.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Drakx
April 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I was just searching some good GUI library in python and many people suggested wxPython.

Does wxPython platform dependent or can be used in Ubuntu Linux and Windows.

Any feedback is appreciated.

It can be used in windows, linux and Mac os X

nihilocrat
April 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
wxPython is amazing for someone starting to learn GUI programming, or for GUI programming in general. The interactive demos it provides are amazingly helpful, and if you can get boa-constructor or some other RAD tool to work properly, making widgets and such is a breeze.

krypto_wizard
April 7th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I went thru some tuts of demos and sample code., I think one can use that code to customize to his needs. This is my first time learning GUI. I hope it helps make good apps quickly.

wxPython is amazing for someone starting to learn GUI programming, or for GUI programming in general. The interactive demos it provides are amazingly helpful, and if you can get boa-constructor or some other RAD tool to work properly, making widgets and such is a breeze.

Wallakoala
April 8th, 2006, 02:45 AM
I decided to try wxPython out...and I like it. I have been learning from a mix of the tutorial on the site and the example thing that comes with wxPython. My only question is where can I find a better tutorial? The one on the site doesn't really explain much, and there is no explaining at all in the example code (except for a few comments). I am able to understand most of it, but some of it leaves me clueless :confused: . So if anybody can point me in the direction of a nice wxPython tutorial, it would be greatly appreciated.

krypto_wizard
April 8th, 2006, 05:59 PM
"wxPython in action" is a good book by the creator himself I think. You can find its pdf if you google around. Are you using some GUI like wxGlade ?

I decided to try wxPython out...and I like it. I have been learning from a mix of the tutorial on the site and the example thing that comes with wxPython. My only question is where can I find a better tutorial? The one on the site doesn't really explain much, and there is no explaining at all in the example code (except for a few comments). I am able to understand most of it, but some of it leaves me clueless :confused: . So if anybody can point me in the direction of a nice wxPython tutorial, it would be greatly appreciated.