PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] uninstalling apache2 from lamp

chippanfat
August 25th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Hello everyone, yet another problem again !

Basically I've made a right **** up of my apache2 configuration and I just want to un-install apache2 and re-install so I can start again.

I've done research on this but the guides have always been for people installing using "apt-get" or "rpm" packages. I've tried these methods but nothing has worked.

The way I installed lamp was from selecting it in the different options when installing ubuntu-server from disk.

Is there any way I can do this through the terminal and not through synaptic, only reason being is that I'm ssh'ing across a local network.

Cheers Guys :)

stlsaint
August 25th, 2010, 04:57 PM
have you tried:

sudo aptitude purge apache2

or

sudo aptitude autoremove apache2

If so what errors are you getting that is not making them work?

arubislander
August 25th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I've done research on this but the guides have always been for people installing using "apt-get" or "rpm" packages. I've tried these methods but nothing has worked.

I think you mean "deb" and "rpm" packages. The reason the guides probably did not work is that you were only uninstalling the packages, not the configuration files.

Try this in a terminal
~$ sudo apt-get --purge autoremove apache2

This will remove apache2 and all the dependencies automatically installed with it, including each and every configuration file associated with these packages that isn't in your /home directory.