PDA

View Full Version : Advice for shy person?

TheNerdAL
August 24th, 2010, 10:12 PM
So I am really shy when it comes to girls.

Today the girl who has a lot with me in common started school in the same school with me, this is a new school to her.

She likes indie, programming, she knows about computers, she is vegan and I'm vegetarian!

So I was hoping I'd have a class with her but I didn't. I don't even think I have lunch with her.

I think I saw her in the hallways because I noticed her red hair. When I noticed the red hair, I just got really nervous and went to my class without telling her anything.):

At the end of the day my friend who is trying to get me with her tried to get me to introduce myself to her but I just couldn't go to where she was standing at, I was really nervous.

Now I get red when I am nervous and I hate that. I need help, what do I do?!

whiskeylover
August 24th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Just go ask her. At the most, she'll say no. I promise she wont cut your balls off.

TheNerdAL
August 24th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Just go ask her. At the most, she'll say no. I promise she wont cut your balls off.

I'm not going to ask her that fast, I just want to talk to her, but it's hard for me.

szymon_g
August 24th, 2010, 10:21 PM
wtf?
yeah, look for an advice about girls on Internet- i bet you will get hundreds of 'reliable' tips.

whiskeylover
August 24th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I'm not going to ask her that fast, I just want to talk to her, but it's hard for me.

I understand. I used to be that way. But once I got over the initial hurdle, I gained a lot of confidence. It was easy after that.

.. and what szymon said.

TheNerdAL
August 24th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I understand. I used to be that way. But once I got over the initial hurdle, I gained a lot of confidence. It was easy after that.

.. and what szymon said.

Okay.

Ric_NYC
August 24th, 2010, 10:30 PM
So I am really shy when it comes to girls.

Today the girl who has a lot with me in common started school in the same school with me, this is a new school to her.

She likes indie, programming, she knows about computers, she is vegan and I'm vegetarian!

So I was hoping I'd have a class with her but I didn't. I don't even think I have lunch with her.

I think I saw her in the hallways because I noticed her red hair. When I noticed the red hair, I just got really nervous and went to my class without telling her anything.):

At the end of the day my friend who is trying to get me with her tried to get me to introduce myself to her but I just couldn't go to where she was standing at, I was really nervous.

Now I get red when I am nervous and I hate that. I need help, what do I do?!

Ask her if she uses Ubuntu!

:popcorn:

sn0m
August 24th, 2010, 10:32 PM
emmmm, shyyy, your time will come....

Madspyman
August 24th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Sounds like she's into computers and programming, you've got plenty to talk about.

If/when you two do hit it off, there's a good chance she might end up with a Ubuntu forums account, and might get curious one day, check your posting history, and end up in this thread.

scouser73
August 24th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Now you know what she's into this should give you some leeway into getting to know her better.

wewantutopia
August 24th, 2010, 10:47 PM
How do you know these things about her?

You could go up to her, introduce yourself, say something along the lines of "i heard you like computers" or some indie band you like, or vegan food or something. something to start a conversation that you are also familiar with so the conversation doesn't end with her replying "yeah i do". After you get a conversation going ask her to get a cup of coffee with you after school and continue the conversation (or local veg. cafe etc). The worse she could say is no. "Oh, ok. well, i've got to get to class"

I WAS also very much like that...

alket
August 24th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I used to be very shy too, but once you break the ice , it melts.

Cam!
August 24th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Break the ice by talking about computers, technology, etc. If you ask her out, or spit some serious game at her, don't worry if she rejects you or finds you weird. Chances are a girl that into programming won't have many friends to laugh at you with.

forrestcupp
August 24th, 2010, 11:00 PM
You already know what to do. I'm sure you've thought every waking minute about what to do. We can't really give you the intestinal fortitude to do what you already know.

Just one piece of advice. If she's a Windows geek, don't get mad about it and ruin everything. ;)

raequin
August 24th, 2010, 11:31 PM
My advice is to treat dating and talking to girls as not such a big deal. Look back to the 50's when people dated all the time and it was not serious unless the dude gave the girl his varsity jacket or something. Anyway, girls want to know guys and guys want to get to know girls, so just proceed based on that common interest and make time with her. You can be up front about your interest in her. It's good for both of you to learn more about the opposite gender.

The Real Dave
August 25th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Just go for it. I understand that it's a deep plunge into the pool, but you'll soon learn how to swim. If you dawdle about it, it gets harder. The longer you leave it, the more time you have to talk yourself out of it. I realise that it's bloody terrifying, trust me, I've been there, but you have to just do it :)

Seeing as she's new to the school, ask to take her on a tour. The majority of girls like a guy who's polite like that, it's something that's not too often found. Along the tour, show her the computer room, and let yere common interests work from there.

Seriously mate, don't think about it, just jump in headfirst. Even if she did say No (not likely to be very honest) that's all it is.

So go get her mate :D :D

I_Want_To_Learn
August 25th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Get her e-mail or IM username from her friend, then chat it up online! Everything else will get better from there. The net is great for shy people.

handy
August 25th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Do a streak through a mall. It does wonders for those with a shy disposition.

It is what my therapist advised that I do, & it worked wonders.

Improved my social life as well. :popcorn:

Khakilang
August 25th, 2010, 05:49 AM
sudo apt-get install red hair girl --lunch. Just treat her like a regular friend. The reason for the shyness is because your head is playing with you. Thinking unnecessary thoughts. Get your head straight, clear your mind and beside what have you got to loose but so much to gain. Good luck!

Ms_Angel_D
August 25th, 2010, 05:54 AM
This thread is not within the scope the ubuntu forums purpose.

Thread closed.