PDA

View Full Version : As someone any ideas how to send fax for free in Europe, which provider?

honeybear
August 24th, 2010, 07:52 PM
In order to send faxes in Europe, is there some free internet providers for that ?

it is free in US, so why not in Europe too

Austin25
August 24th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Scan and email?

honeybear
August 25th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Scan and email?

-well in Europe, lot of companies are still using the fax, very much

It has some proves, than emails havent

Grenage
August 25th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Unfortunately, this is true; the filthy, wasteful technology has yet to die.

OP: I've not come across any, but then again I can't see why it should be free.

fiyer
August 25th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Have you contacted the company you need to send the fax to and asked if they would accept a jpg or pdf? A lot of places just don't consider it until you suggest it to them.

I convinced my lender for my home-loan to accept scanned documents. He then said I was the easiest client to work with because he got the materials so quickly.

But yes, as far as I know, I have only seen "pay-for" services in which you scan and send as a fax. No one wants to offer that for free, especially to foreign numbers.

rjbl
August 25th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Fax? In Europe? I haven't seen a fax in about ten years - even lawyers accept digitally signed e-mails.

rjbl

rjbl
August 25th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Afterthought

Actually, I have been given to understand that in France, some notaires publiques will accept a faxed acceptance of contract rather than a signing in their presence. Don't know how frequent this is though.

rjbl

rjbl
August 25th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Try searching Software Centre for 'fax' Looks like a whole bunch of faxin' stuff - if that's what floats your boat. Enjoy

rjbl

mips
August 25th, 2010, 10:46 PM

I find it hard to believe that companies in europe that have fax machines don't have email. you make it sound more backwards than deepest darkest africa where I live.

Dunno what the second second sentence means. If it refers to legality then neither fax nor email carriers much legal weight whereas a Telegram does.

Grenage
August 26th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I find it hard to believe that companies in europe that have fax machines don't have email. you make it sound more backwards than deepest darkest africa where I live.

They are still very popular over here; it's quicker to fax a document than it is to scan it and mail it. They also usually get picked up and actioned by the nearest clerk, so less chance of it sitting in a mailbox.

But it's still a wasteful technology.

honeybear
August 27th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Afterthought

Actually, I have been given to understand that in France, some notaires publiques will accept a faxed acceptance of contract rather than a signing in their presence. Don't know how frequent this is though.

rjbl

If you check the legislation, emails have no contractive value. One the other hand, fax do have a contractive values, from law, and fax nowadays still can be used with (/against you) for your daily duties.

That's why all companies, in Europe, have to still keep faxes, and it is usually bound to the network server printing, e.g. xerox, ...

You can find it here: http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/initRechCodeArticle.do
code civil