PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to manually configure xorg.conf from console

superninja
August 24th, 2010, 01:28 AM
I have Lucid installed on a Dell Inspirion 2200 laptop and every thing was working fine on the install and then I ran the updates and a couple would not install and when I rebooted I get a message that I'm in Low Graphics Mode. Now I think the solution to this problem would be to manually configure the xorg.conf but I have no idea how to do it, or if it is even right!

I am willing to try anything at this point. Please help :) thank you

jtarin
August 24th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Try this guide. (http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/how_to_fix_your_computers_graphics_with_dpkg-reconfigure)

superninja
August 25th, 2010, 02:00 AM
This seems like an awesome guide! Thank you very much, but hen I enter the first command my screen goes totally blank. I don't know what is wrong...

jtarin
August 25th, 2010, 02:21 AM
I ran the updates and a couple would not install Which ones would not install? Do you actually have an xorg.conf, already?

superninja
August 25th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I don't know which ones didn't install... and my computer isn't recognizing the hard drive any more so the best I could do would be to run ubuntu from a livecd but that wouldn't help anything... And I have no idea if I have set one up already or not...