PDA

View Full Version : Aliens behind Ubuntu - fact or fiction?

kahumba
August 24th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Hi,
I think there are enough facts to suspect that at least part of the Canonical people are in fact aliens from outer space. Here's a few facts and hints:

1) Mark Shuttleworth traveled to space and then came back and started the Ubuntu initiative which soon enough became #1 (desktop) Linux distro around the world despite there being other distros for years.
2) He uses the catch word "Ubuntu" which means:
- "I am because you are" (thus basically implying "aliens and humans are the same") and
- "Ubuntu speaks particularly about the fact that you can't exist as a human being in isolation. It speaks about our interconnectedness." which is a hint about a forthcoming alien invasion to join our human race. Quotations taken from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_%28philosophy%29).
3) The Ubuntu logo reminds of/looks like a flying saucer which is yet another reminder of alien influence and technology among the folks at Canonical.

Conclusion: Canonical is preparing our planet for an alien invasion.

Austin25
August 24th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Why? It's more probable that Microsoft would sabotage it.

juancarlospaco
August 24th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Of course, see the facts,
on Ubuntu press ALT + F2, type gegls from outer space, press run.

:D

Frogs Hair
August 24th, 2010, 01:05 AM
:D The Ubuntu logo does resemble crop circles and a wizard once appeared in my terminal after making a mistake.

chips24
August 24th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Hi,
I think there are enough facts to suspect that at least part of the Canonical people are in fact aliens from outer space. Here's a few facts and hints:

1) Mark Shuttleworth traveled to space and then came back and started the Ubuntu initiative which soon enough became #1 (desktop) Linux distro around the world despite there being other distros for years.
- "I am because you are" (thus basically implying "aliens and humans are the same") and
- "Ubuntu speaks particularly about the fact that you can't exist as a human being in isolation. It speaks about our interconnectedness." which is a hint about a forthcoming alien invasion to join our human race. Quotations taken from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_%28philosophy%29).
3) The Ubuntu logo reminds of/looks like a flying saucer which is yet another reminder of alien influence and technology among the folks at Canonical.

ok, the ubuntu logo is supposed to be a community representation.
ubuntu means humanity to others.
sorry, i dont buy it. : )

Madspyman
August 24th, 2010, 01:15 AM
It's a strong possibility. I was able to use Ubuntu to exercise Microsoft based tower thetans from my HP desktop. Last time I checked prior to Ubuntu only aliens had these kind of powers.

Hman242
August 24th, 2010, 01:16 AM
It's just a joke dude, light up :lolflag:

b110datto
August 24th, 2010, 01:17 AM

Lol, goodone! there goes my lunch hour :biggrin:

VirInvictus
August 24th, 2010, 01:24 AM
what is this i don't even

XubuRoxMySox
August 24th, 2010, 02:19 AM
It's an open-source version of LCARS (developed by Star Fleet Command) which was inadvertently left behind on a mission from the future after the Borg invaded.

-Robin

Cuddles McKitten
August 24th, 2010, 02:30 AM
There are always SOME aliens working on anything as large as an OS. It's not like companies care whether or not you were born in the same country that they were incorporated in; that would just be silly.

Dustin2128
August 24th, 2010, 02:50 AM
*snort* :roll:
I thought everyone knew that slackware is the defacto distribution for aliens.

Shining Arcanine
August 24th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Hi,

I doubt that Ubuntu Linux is the #1 Linux distribution. Google Android and RedHat Enterprise Linux probably each have more deployments than Ubuntu Linux has. Of course, Google Android is mostly for phones and RedHat Enterprise Linux is mostly for servers, but they are still Linux distributions.

kahumba
August 24th, 2010, 04:32 AM
1) Read it again, it clearly says "(desktop) Linux".
2) I'm clearly kidding around, no need to be pedantic and don't take anything for serious.

MasterNetra
August 24th, 2010, 04:50 AM
fiction, its the atlantians! Source: A irritated alien who is tired of his people being blamed for everything on earth. :p

Austin25
August 24th, 2010, 05:31 AM
It's just a joke dude, light up :lolflag:
All right... It's just that I'm used to answering questions seriously. I'm not a politician; I give my honest opinion.

NightwishFan
August 24th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Surely you jest. We all know that Aliens run Debian... ;)

utnubuuser
August 24th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Sure it's the aliens... that's why it's "for Humans"!!!

CJ Master
August 24th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I'm not a politician; I give my honest opinion.

How do I know that's not a lie?

mendhak
August 24th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I've noticed that the console is referred to as 'terminal'. We all know that aliens are violent creatures bent on destruction of the human race. The 'terminal' makes sense as a name since it's about terminating humans, as opposed to 'console', which is about making humans feel better.

Further, if you go to the appearance window, you will find several skins there. One or a few of them is called 'human'.

Why is it called human? Think about it - only an alien race would refer to us as 'human'. And they would lay emphasis on the 'u', just like Ferengis in Star Trek (hyoo-mahn). It's the way we refer to foxes, badgers, by the name of their species.

Finally, another bit of evidence. I went to "Disk Utility" and it says ext4 there. EXT4!! That means EXtraTerrestrials!

julio_cortez
August 24th, 2010, 07:56 AM
The 'terminal' makes sense as a name since it's about terminating humans, as opposed to 'console', which is about making humans feel better.So does this mean that they would make a difference then?
Kill everyone using Ubuntu and then ally with the ones using Kubuntu (which just uses the Konsole)?

juliocortez@Alice:~$ sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop :-\" :-\" :-\"

NightwishFan
August 24th, 2010, 08:25 AM
I've noticed that the console is referred to as 'terminal'. We all know that aliens are violent creatures bent on destruction of the human race. The 'terminal' makes sense as a name since it's about terminating humans, as opposed to 'console', which is about making humans feel better.

Further, if you go to the appearance window, you will find several skins there. One or a few of them is called 'human'.

Why is it called human? Think about it - only an alien race would refer to us as 'human'. And they would lay emphasis on the 'u', just like Ferengis in Star Trek (hyoo-mahn). It's the way we refer to foxes, badgers, by the name of their species.

Finally, another bit of evidence. I went to "Disk Utility" and it says ext4 there. EXT4!! That means EXtraTerrestrials!

This. :lolflag:

I think aliens would use some runic font, and have their minty green shields hacked by Mac OS 8, somehow convert to have a live birth instead of laying eggs, listen to lounge music while drinking blue toothpaste looking stuff, have the ability to transfer your mind through some roots into another body, and finally attempt the kidnap of animated characters for their amusement park.

standingwave
August 24th, 2010, 09:21 AM
It's true. I saw District 9 and it was set in South Africa.

Sutekh849
August 24th, 2010, 10:38 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/Evilpens/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Spice Weasel
August 24th, 2010, 11:32 AM
You guys really should switch to this (http://tinfoilhat.shmoo.com/)... :lolflag:

matthew.ball
August 24th, 2010, 11:38 AM
$ grep humour thread
$

Bugger.

koleoptero
August 24th, 2010, 11:40 AM
http://www.seoboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/implied-facepalm.jpg

Ozor Mox
August 24th, 2010, 11:42 AM
$ grep humour thread
$

Bugger.

$ grep humour linux_terminal_joke
$

Hmm...

matthew.ball
August 24th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Touche.

Ozor Mox
August 24th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Lol!

As if more evidence were needed, if you search the package manager for the word "alien", you get 9 results. Far more than expected, I'm sure you'll agree.

afroman10496
August 24th, 2010, 11:55 AM

Beats any 3d game on the market right now.

forrestcupp
August 24th, 2010, 12:09 PM
We all know that aliens are violent creatures bent on destruction of the human race.Not all of them. You must have forgotten about the Teletubbies. :)

As if more evidence were needed, if you search the package manager for the word "alien", you get 9 results. Far more than expected, I'm sure you'll agree.
Right. In order to install rpm's in a deb based system, you have to have "alien" installed. That represents aliens (deb) interbreeding with the human format that was already here before they showed up (rpm). When they release a version where alien is installed by default, we can know that we're in trouble. ;)

whitefort
August 24th, 2010, 12:26 PM

While it's indisputably true that Mark Shuttleworth travelled into space, is there any way that any of us can be sure who (or WHAT) came back?

koleoptero
August 24th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Not all of them. You must have forgotten about the Teletubbies. :)

Yeah those are bent on the destruction of the human intellect.

sanderella
August 24th, 2010, 01:45 PM

I love that! :D

rahul27
August 24th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Yup ... I agree ... developing an OS must a piece of cake for them. Heard that they are experts ... considering their (the Aliens) technologies are far far more advanced than ours.
It realy requires a bunch of experienced aliens to develop an OS as smooth as Ubuntu.

aPockEllipse
August 24th, 2010, 09:10 PM
aliens, certainly, but you've all overlooked the obvious brown clue. ubuntunians are not from "outer space". they're aliens from the earth's core.
unless you've pressed foil into the inside of the bottom of your footwear, your brain has been infiltrated! (scuba fins don't require this foil shield as long as you refrain from playing fin footsie with solid objects)

KiwiNZ
August 24th, 2010, 09:11 PM
While it's indisputably true that Mark Shuttleworth travelled into space, is there any way that any of us can be sure who (or WHAT) came back?

The Dark Side

blueturtl
August 24th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Absolutely, what kind of a name is Mark for a human being anyway? ;)

Also his business methods remind me of the movie K-Pax.

mocoloco
August 24th, 2010, 09:21 PM
I voted fiction. You should know by now that aliens don't use Ubuntu they use OS X, haven't you seen Independence Day?

alexfish
August 24th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Hi,

TRUE
The Future holds the TRUTH (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8468391&postcount=70)

msrinath80
August 24th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Hi,

Dude, you really need some sleep.