PDA

View Full Version : ups and downs

amunimanghi
April 6th, 2006, 05:54 AM
hi

ive had my ups and downs with the forums...mostly downs though. it is true that we are all busy. anyways, have you ever had any problems finding help.

1. computer crashes - no help on that
2. computer just exits to desktop - no help on that
3. gtk radiant wont load(linux version) - no help on that either

i wanna see what we can bring up. lol

bjweeks
April 6th, 2006, 05:57 AM
What???

/lost

YourSurrogateGod
April 6th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Some things take time. Or you can simply post in order to bump your post up so that it could get the proper attention.

karthik085
April 6th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Can you log in under some other account, like root, etc and see if you have any of these problems?

briancurtin
April 6th, 2006, 06:29 AM
hi

ive had my ups and downs with the forums...mostly downs though. it is true that we are all busy. anyways, have you ever had any problems finding help.

1. why?
2. huh?
3. huh?

henriquemaia
April 6th, 2006, 06:42 AM
hi

Maybe I'm not getting right what you're trying to say, but these forums don't have an answer to everything. Some problems are just too specific. Too many different hardware configurations, tweakings and so on.

What I normally do when I have some unsolved issue in my computer is:

1. try to find an answer here. No luck? Move to 2.
2. try to google around for something. No luck? Move to 3.
3. try other search engines. No luck? Move to 4.
4. reformulate my search. move to 2.

When I'm lucky enough to find the solution (sometimes luck is what I need), I come here to the forums and try to explain how I did it, to help others, so the next one can just go through the first step.

Just my 1¢.

mrgnash
April 6th, 2006, 07:29 AM
I've gotta join the chorus of 'huhs' here.

Point #1 is very vague.

Point #2 doesn't make sense.

Point #3 I don't think many people would have had much experience with.

And yes, I have had some problems finding help on occasion, but I don't begrudge anyone that -- it's not like other forum members are a paid support team, so there are no obligations here, just good-will. That said, there have been other of times when people have really gone out of their way to help with a problem on here, so I'm really grateful for that :)