PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Setting different colors for titlebars

fredbird67
August 23rd, 2010, 06:29 AM
I came up with an idea here while back for a series of GTK themes that are based on the color schemes that came with Windows 95/98/Me/2K, but with shinier buttons and whatnot, to make it look better than the way it did in that virus-laden OS. For those of you theme-a-holics such as myself that remember those, some of them, such as Brick, Maple, and Plum, used two different colors for the active titlebar and the highlighted items.

However, I've run into a little problem: I tried to base it on the "Green Diamond" theme I saw the other day on Xfce-Look.org, but never could get it to pay attention to what's in the 'style "titlebar" = "default"' section. I know that some of the GTK themes that come with Xfce have this, and so that's where I grabbed the code, but the Green Diamond theme (which uses the Murrine engine) just ignored it.

Does anyone know of a way to do this and have it work? If nothing else, does anyone know what theme engines will or won't support this?

I'd really like for it to use shiny buttons, and as such, would prefer to use a theme engine other than Xfce if at all possible. Also, I don't want to create individual Metacity/Xfwm themes for this, as I want to allow those who download it the freedom to use whatever Metacity/Xfwm titlebar style they wish (preferably one that allows the specified titlebar color to show through, of course).

Thanx in advance,
Fred in St. Louis