PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Inverting Colors on Lucid Lynx

Eric.T.A.M
August 23rd, 2010, 03:29 AM
I recently upgraded to Lucid Lynx and my ability to invert colors with (super+n) and/or (super+m) is lacking. I really enjoyed this feature in the earlier distros and I was wondering if there is another way to do it or, even better, a way to reset that shortcut. I checked the keyboard shortcut menu and it didn't list anything about inverting colors.
Sorry if this should have been in a more specific board region. Sorry also if this is a silly question to those who are more seasoned. I haven't delved too deep yet into this new fangled "Linux" thing.

2ndconfused1
August 23rd, 2010, 03:33 AM
lacking as in you cant? or as in it isn't as good as before. if it is the first one make sure you have effects on and go to compiz and make sure it is turned on.

P.S. i really enjoy that feature too. :D

Eric.T.A.M
August 23rd, 2010, 04:29 AM
It is not working in the least, unfortunately, "Effects can not be enabled" and I don't know what compiz iz. This whole thing confuses me.

uRock
August 23rd, 2010, 04:38 AM
It is not working in the least, unfortunately, "Effects can not be enabled" and I don't know what compiz iz. This whole thing confuses me.
I enabled Compiz and now the super+n combo works. You won't be able to enable these effects without installing the proper graphics drivers.