PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Logitech headphones causes system freeze

gizmobay
August 22nd, 2010, 08:31 PM
I have a logitech combined headphones mic. The connector has two options one for usb and the other to plug in the hp and mic jack. My problem is my computer has the mic jack in the back and the hp in the front. I can plug the hp's into the audio out but this makes my cord short and I have to crawl back and unplug to plugin my speakers. I figured I'd use the usb connector. Unfortunately when I plug it in it causes my whole system to freeze and I have to do a REISUB. I have two computers running 10.04 one I can plug the hp in no problem and the other causes a freeze. Naturally it's the one I want to use the hp's on that freezes. Any tips on troubleshooting? I'm not using pulse audio since it doesn't work well with skype on my comp at least. Device is 046d:0a01

gizmobay
August 23rd, 2010, 04:45 AM
I read somewhere I needed the linux alsa packports so I installed them. I shouldn't have installed these. Once I removed them the headphones and mic worked through USB. Removing pulseaudio and going to Alsa fixed all my sound quality issues with skype as well.