PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Blank screen on boot up

oleink
August 22nd, 2010, 07:42 PM
Ok I know this isn't an ubuntu question... But when I boot up, occasionally my screen does not show anything and the bios never really starts or at least i don't think it gets to my login screen because it would make noise (unless the speakers aren't working either.) Does anyone have any suggestions?

oleink
August 23rd, 2010, 02:42 AM
please help if possible

oleink
August 23rd, 2010, 04:22 AM
anyone??

crutch
August 23rd, 2010, 08:16 AM
I think I may have hit this a few times. From memory I think it was after the grub screen, so that would make it an ubuntu problem. Is this the case for you? (I'm not sure how much help I can be here)

oleink
August 24th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I think I may have hit this a few times. From memory I think it was after the grub screen, so that would make it an ubuntu problem. Is this the case for you? (I'm not sure how much help I can be here)

No this isn't my problem but thanks for answering. My bios screen never even comes up... I may need to clear the CMOS otherwise my bios may be failing if that doesn't work?

linux-hack
August 24th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Did you try rearing grub ? or may be flash the BIOS ?!

oleink
August 25th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Did you try rearing grub ? or may be flash the BIOS ?!

I'm almost certain it's my bios.. Should I clear the CMOS by removing the battery from the bios and then reinstalling it

oleink
August 26th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I still can try flashing the BIOS but I doubt that is the problem... I am going to see how my computer works since I reset my BIOS to factory settings and since haven't had the problem but I don't always have the problem. If it still has the error I'll clear the CMOS and if that doesn't work I'll flash BIOS

oleink
August 27th, 2010, 12:36 AM
I reset the bios and posted this same style post on notebookforums

oleink
August 27th, 2010, 08:28 PM
A quick update: I've run memtest86+ 1 time with no errors and am going to run it several times on each individual module of ram