PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Will c2esp driver work with Kodak ESP3250 Printer?

Loganiii
August 22nd, 2010, 07:28 PM
I would like to purchase a Kodak ESP 3250, for use with my laptop running Ubuntu 10.04.1, but would like to hear from someone who has successfully used the new Kodak printer on Ubuntu.

If you have, please let me know if it worked, how you made it work, if there were limitations, and would you recommend it?

There is no driver for Ubuntu from Kodak, but http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Kodak/Kodak-ESP_3250 recommends c2esp.

TIA!

kaze258
August 24th, 2010, 12:16 AM
I have that printer and cannot for the life of me install that printer im telling you its real tricky I have tried diffrent drivers from the once they tell me to pick after it recognizes the printer and it installs and lookfine , but no dice i cant print i need help on this too.

kawika molon labe patriot
September 25th, 2010, 08:04 PM
got the same problem, I have Compaq presario AMD Athlon IIX2 240 dual-core 64-bit with Ubuntu 9.10. I just bought a kodak esp3250 and computer sees it but will not print. I am a newbie and I tried to follow the step by step, but every time I use the terminal I get this "no rule to make, or no such file or directory and the last one command not found". guess I am just not understanding what to do.

plowdawg
November 12th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Hey, yes it will work with an ESP3250 driver. You just install it as though it were an ESP 52** and it will print. I just did this via CUPS and clicked on the first ESP 5200 driver that has something like (en, en) after it.

Good luck guyS!

meangenegjco
February 1st, 2011, 09:25 AM
I Used the following procedure for loading c2esp driver.
1.turn off the printer.
2.Download the driver (I obtained it from sourceforge.com
3.go to system>administration>printing and clear the esp3250 from the list.
4.Right click on the download icon. select "open with g-debi installer" from the pull down menu.
5.turn on the printer
6.Follow the device installation procedure in the pop up window installing it as a kodak 5200 series with dithering.
It now works great as a printer but I am still trying to find a driver for the scanner.