magedsoft
August 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
hay all :

really i need to learn how to hack using ubuntu

help me

thanks

Rubi1200
August 22nd, 2010, 03:34 PM
I think you will find that this type of activity is not supported here on the forums.

August 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
nope, not at all
not in any forum
although i want to decompile this swf file i got soo much >.<

iponeverything
August 22nd, 2010, 03:50 PM
hay all :

help me

thanks

Why? It might seem cool, but how would you like one of your family members to be the target? It's the equivalent of being a pick pocket or a con artist. It's not a very lofty career goal. If you want career in computer security as a white hat, good for you - go buy a book and start studying.

Kyluke
August 22nd, 2010, 03:58 PM
LOL

Rather try some dodgy russian/asian forums...
Something that doesn't really show up in your google searches.

corrytonapple
August 22nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
This is not supported here. What if a friend or your family member was hacked? It is also illegal in the US to hack others.

jmszr
August 22nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
magedsoft,

Please clarify what you mean by the term "hack".

Paul820
August 22nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Why on earth do you want to hack? Never mind, i can see a 'thread closed' coming up.

Iowan
August 22nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
Why on earth do you want to hack? Never mind, i can see a 'thread closed' coming up.

GOOD eyes!!!

"Hacking" used to mean a crude fix. "Cracking" is supposed to be the illegal activity, but "hacking" is now used to describe both.

What do you need help with?

Elfy
August 22nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
hack and crack are different

Please clarify what you mean by the term "hack".This

Elfy
August 22nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Re-opened for the moment.

richs-lxh
August 22nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
There is a common misconception of the term "Hacking" thanks to media journalists and the misinformed.

See this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_hacking#Hacker_definition_controversy

Basically, if you want to be come a White Hat Hacker. Install Ubuntu minimal with no desktop, disconnect your mouse, and learn how to configure and use the Linux system completely from the kernel upwards.
Use the man pages and any other documentation to study and fully understand how networks function completely, right from the packet level.
Next up study system security, a couple of programming languages (Perl is a network admin's favourite). Read up on Whitfeild Diffy and PGP encryption, maybe delve into other algorithms and ciphers.

After about 10 years you should be ready to decide if you want to be a White Hat Hacker and work for the good of the community, or become a Black Hat "Cracker" and use your skills for criminal activities.

If you were referring to the first definiton of Hacker, you will get a lot of help from the Linux community.

However, if you were referring to the term "Cracker" then you are on your own as most Linux communities will not promote illegal activities.

proxyofsocks
August 22nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
I'd be willing to bet that the question had a nefarious intention. In any case, check this out.

http://catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

corrytonapple
August 22nd, 2010, 04:45 PM
Try out Back|Track 4.
(http://www.backtrack-linux.org/)

Rumpletumbler
August 22nd, 2010, 04:46 PM
A really cool nickname is required like "The Hash Slinging Slasher" (stolen from Spongebob).

corrytonapple
August 22nd, 2010, 04:48 PM
A really cool nickname is required like "The Hash Slinging Slasher" (stolen from Spongebob).
:lolflag:

LinuxHead
August 22nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Try out Back|Track 4.
(http://www.backtrack-linux.org/)

bt4 r1 ;) running as root is fun :D

Paul820
August 22nd, 2010, 04:52 PM
I hope the OP comes back, i would like to know what his intentions were now the thread has reopened.

@Iowan

GOOD eyes!!!
Not that good, i didn't see the thread re-opening coming!

Elfy
August 22nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
I did ...

Paul820
August 22nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
I did ...
:p

LinuxHead
August 22nd, 2010, 04:59 PM
hay all :

help me

thanks

Go on irc.freenode.net #ubuntu :lolflag:

August 22nd, 2010, 05:00 PM
they also now starting to think the word "hacker" is a

A computer savvy twenty-somethings
got that off an old popsci

corrytonapple
August 22nd, 2010, 05:02 PM
they also now starting to think the word "hacker" is a

got that off an old popsci
About time you posted back. Hey, do you guys think that the OP will come back, or did he read our first posts and take his business elsewhere?

Rumpletumbler
August 22nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
About time you posted back. Hey, do you guys think that the OP will come back, or did he read our first posts and take his business elsewhere?

If everyone pm'd and asked really nicely. :)

Elfy
August 22nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
No idea - bit pointless posting anything else now till they do so. Just going to go off-topic and be a bit of a bean hunt at which point we'll need to start removing posts ;)

corrytonapple
August 22nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
But he would only get the message if he was still logged on and refreshed the page of ubuntuforums.org.
Sorry forestpiskie, your message came up at the same time as I posted mine.
EDIT: You guys are right, who knows, he could cut all cords from the forums.

Rumpletumbler
August 22nd, 2010, 05:08 PM
But he would only get the message if he was still logged on and refreshed the page of ubuntuforums.org.

I think Vbulletin defaults to email notification of pm's unless you change it but I could be wrong.

August 22nd, 2010, 05:09 PM
.. or subscribed to the thread
EDIT: so many ppl are posting so quickly!!!!!
2nd EDIT: i dont even get to read all the posts x_x

Elfy
August 22nd, 2010, 05:16 PM
k - closed.

If the OP wants to talk about re-opening then they can do so.