PDA

View Full Version : Integrated microphone doesn't work only with voip apps

xaber1488
August 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hi guys!

I have a huge problem! I bought a packard bell dot s2 134 and I installed uuntu 10.04 netbook on.
All the hardware is well recognised: the only problem is the microphone with voip apps.
If I use the sound recorder preinstalled in ubuntu, the microphone works great. I already activated all the tabs via alsamixer -Dhw and, I repeat, the sound reorder works great.
But when I use a voip app (skype, google talk or also amsn during its configuration) everything works great except the microphone, which the voip apps can't succeed in using with success.

Also, I tried to plugin an old logitech webcam with microphone and this one works totally great.

So, the problem is that the netbook integrated microphone works great with voice recorder, but when I use a voip app, it fails to work (also, skype and amsn do not provide any alternative config for the microphone: they refer to the alsamixer config if I am not wrong. They only have the pulseaudio(local) option).

Can anyone of you help me out? It's really important.

Thanks in advance!

xaber1488
August 22nd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Sorry guys! Only a little up!

xaber1488
August 23rd, 2010, 09:25 AM
Another little up!

roy913
August 23rd, 2010, 06:20 PM
as far as i know, skype doesnt like pulseaudio. if you eager to get this working, try uninstall pulseaudio and install alsa. that's what i did for my netbook.

read this thread which there is an url to show how to achieve this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1159613&highlight=acer+aspire+d150&page=2