PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Multi-Touch & Compiz Fusion

Heero_Yuy_X
August 22nd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Hi guys ! I recently bought a lenovo IdeaPad Y560 and loaded it up with an Ubuntu 10.04..

I was suprised to find it actually supported multi-touch touchpad, I was wondering if I can use multi-touch to rotate desktops, like for example three finger swipe to the right, lets the cube rotate to the next desktop.
Or even expo would activate with a three finger tap..

So far I was only able to enable two finger scrolling, though I'm still getting the "Can't use shared memory" by synclient...

Is there a way to map the three finger tap into compiz, or even sacrifice two finger scrolling for compiz? :D

Heero_Yuy_X
August 24th, 2010, 08:43 PM
anyone?

sanderd17
August 24th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I can't find the configuration of multitouch in ubuntu anymore, it's difficult to find with the big news of multitouch in ubuntu 10.10.

Anyway, if you find a way to execute a command, you can execute an "xdotools" command. Xdotools can send keyboatd shortcuts and mouseclicks to the computer. So you send a keyboard shortcut with xdotools and you configure that shortcut in the compiz settings to turn the cube.

xdotools is in the repo's.

Hope this solves a bit.

sanderd17
August 24th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Maybe look at this thread to find a way to execute a command on a multitouch gesture: http://ubuntu-virginia.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1479361

Heero_Yuy_X
August 27th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks Alot ! I'll dig in this stuff a bit :D