PDA

View Full Version : Xpad Laptop Cooling

corrytonapple
August 21st, 2010, 04:37 PM
Does anyone here think or know if this will work good with an L455 that sucks air in through the bottom? Is it worth the price?
http://www.xpad4laptop.com/

squaregoldfish
August 21st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Looks pretty good from a first glance. I have a laptop with the same problem, and propping it up to get air underneath makes a big difference to the temperatures.

Steve.

Hated On Mostly
August 22nd, 2010, 02:09 AM
It works great for laptops that have hot processors. I used one with a laptop that had a Pentium 4 desktop processor (3.2 GHz) and it worked very well. Pentium 4 desktop processors are some of the hottest running processors ever made.

Also good for using a notebook in one's lap, on the floor, on a bed, or any soft surface. Keeps your lap and notebook cool.

If you don't move your notebook around then just prop it up with bottle caps or something.

earthpigg
August 22nd, 2010, 02:18 AM
i don't see why it wouldn't work.

rigging together something yourself would also work.

If you don't move your notebook around then just prop it up with bottle caps or something.

+1, what i used to do.

corrytonapple
August 22nd, 2010, 02:19 AM
Well, it sits on top of my printer 75% of the time, and 25% of the time it is on my lap. Is it gonna extend the life of the laptop?

earthpigg
August 22nd, 2010, 03:23 AM
Well, it sits on top of my printer 75% of the time, and 25% of the time it is on my lap. Is it gonna extend the life of the laptop?

yes. specifically, the fans on the laptop wont have to work as hard to pull air through the cloth on your clothing and the internal components will be kept cooler.

as it stands, they are probably always spinning at full speed when it's in your lap... right?

corrytonapple
August 22nd, 2010, 03:41 AM
Well there is the big fan control issue.

mamamia88
August 22nd, 2010, 03:45 AM
I have one still overheats but i wouldn't blame it. I blame hp pretty sure there was a recall on this mottle. I just have a house fan on it

corrytonapple
August 22nd, 2010, 03:49 AM
As posted in sig there it is a toshiba.