PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] PPA not updated in Lucid Lynx sources.list

Scifer
August 20th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I'm trying to add PPAs in my Kubuntu Lucid Lynx installation.

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv E4DFEC907DEDA4B8A670E8042836CB0A8AC93F7A
gpg: requesting key 8AC93F7A from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: key 8AC93F7A: "Launchpad Kubuntu Updates" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: unchanged: 1
But when I look in my sources.list, the PPA repository is not there. Nevertheless I SUSPECT I'm receiving it's updates.

Questions:

Is there a file that PPAs are being written to other than sources.list?
Should I manually update sources.list in order to add this PPAs?
Where this updates are coming from?

snowpine
August 20th, 2010, 04:01 PM
There is a folder called /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ where additional sources can be stored.

Check in there for your PPA.

Scifer
August 20th, 2010, 10:26 PM
There is a folder called /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ where additional sources can be stored.

Check in there for your PPA.
That's it. All PPA repositories are being added to individual files in this folder.
Thanks a lot :D

Scifer
August 20th, 2010, 11:14 PM
By the way. Is It convenient to remove this PPAs manually and leave its keys untouched? Should I remove the keys manually too? How to do this?
Is there some script like remove-apt-repository?

ankspo71
August 21st, 2010, 03:27 PM
Hi,
Leaving the keys in won't harm your system. If you would like to remove them though, I think they can be removed by looking for a something tab named "authentication" (or something similar) in your software sources manager.

If you would like to prevent future updates you can easily disable the repository in your software sources manager instead of deleting them. I'm using Linux Mint KDE at the moment which doesn't have kpackagekit installed, but in the settings of kpackagekit would be the place to look in Kubuntu.

Mazehero55
December 18th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Any way I can add a ppa to these manually? I have jolicloud 1.1 so ppa should work but it's not letting me add ppa's the usual way. Could someone post an example of what one of these ppa list files look like so I can make my own?

wojox
December 18th, 2010, 07:48 AM
What ppa's you trying to install?

abumaia
December 18th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Is there a way to consolidate all the PPAs in sources.list.d into one file that's easier to backup?